Is it possible the Union really believes this crap is the best contract ever

542thruNthru

if bid FSP staffing is fixed, 22.4 are set at 25% max, and the 22.4's can't go on road if bid FSP's are sent home, the company is kinda backed into a corner

if the union caves on any of the above, okay sure there's a loophole, but right now it's complicated enough that most managers can't/won't outsmart it

I know you don't believe this but where I am they will drive everyday and rarely be inside.

Our PT cover drivers drive everyday year round. 22.4 will be replacing them. They will driver Tues-Sat. Maybe 2 or 3 will work inside but at least 14 22.4 will drive everyday in my center alone.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I know you don't believe this but where I am they will drive everyday and rarely be inside.

Our PT cover drivers drive everyday year round. 22.4 will be replacing them. They will driver Tues-Sat. Maybe 2 or 3 will work inside but at least 14 22.4 will drive everyday in my center alone.

do your drivers really really want to go home, or is your BA super weak?

542thruNthru

do your drivers really really want to go home, or is your BA super weak?

No they work along side our FT drivers. We have what my BA calls a 10% bench that allows the company to keep cover drivers on all week. They also accrue seniority towards their progression. They are pretty much 22.4 drivers already. Now they will allow 15% more then normal.

BA isn't weak. He stays on top of them.

Skooney

Ours are the same way.

We have a 22.3 employee who has been basically doing the 22.4 job already, for damn near 15 years.

Our cover drivers drive every day, Mon-Sat.

22.4’s in our center will never see a load dock.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
As a pt looking to go full time.
1. Pt employees on payroll should get the same raise as new hires $2.00/hr
2. No more 6-1, off the street only if no current employee wants the position

What would u add
Lol, I don’t have that much time.

542thruNthru

Ours are the same way.

We have a 22.3 employee who has been basically doing the 22.4 job already, for damn near 15 years.

Our cover drivers drive every day, Mon-Sat.

22.4’s in our center will never see a load dock.

In just my building we have over 40 cover drivers working everyday. It wouldn't surprise me if the Union got the 22.4 idea from our cover driver language.

Tony Q

As a pt looking to go full time.
1. Pt employees on payroll should get the same raise as new hires $2.00/hr
2. No more 6-1, off the street only if no current employee wants the position

What would u add
It has pros and cons. It is a contract worth over 15,000,000,000 over 5 years. Tell you friends and family about it and ask what their honest opinion is. Tell them what your total compensation package is. If you don't know it, ask me. I'll fill you in.

542thruNthru

In my opinion they will look at it and make a decision. Don't be surprised if UPS says "this is our last, best, and final offer. You don't like this 14,800,000,000 then take you chances.

It has pros and cons. It is a contract worth over 15,000,000,000 over 5 years. Tell you friends and family about it and ask what their honest opinion is. Tell them what your total compensation package is. If you don't know it, ask me. I'll fill you in.

I'm confused which one is it? :)

HereWeGoAgain

Lots of people are pissed how UPS has been treating us for the last decade. Let's not forget the fact, that UPS never ONCE reported a loss in the biggest downturn since the great depression. They have been cutting routes and loading us up ever since. :censored2: them seriously I dont trust them one :censored2:ing bit.

Lots of people are :censored2: how UPS has been treating us for the last decade. Let's not forget the fact, that UPS never ONCE reported a loss in the biggest downturn since the great depression. They have been cutting routes and loading us up ever since. :censored2: them seriously I dont trust them one :censored2:ing bit.

And yet Tony says how great this piece of crap is and won’t answer why they failed to give us stronger 9.5 language. We want less money not more. The union either sold us out to bail out the failing pensions or are to stupid to see it.

And yet Tony says how great this piece of crap is and won’t answer why they failed to give us stronger 9.5 language. We want less money not more. The union either sold us out to bail out the failing pensions or are to stupid to see it.
The flaws with this contract is the language.
You aren't going to make everyone happy , no matter what.

But in my opinion, way too many loopholes.