Is it possible the Union really believes this crap is the best contract ever

Smashmouth

The information blackout and censorship on their Facebook page proves they know this contract is bullcrap.

Not to mention the company holding teleconferences and town halls...31 years never seen that before...you know that they know they got a way better end of the deal....now trying everything to ram it through! 6 billion in profit and 16 billion returned in a tax break and this was all we got?? WRONG!!

Not to mention the company holding teleconferences and town halls...31 years never seen that before...you know that they know they got a way better end of the deal....now trying everything to ram it through! 6 billion in profit and 16 billion returned in a tax break and this was all we got?? WRONG!!
Back in the day we used to at least get pizza and beer...

Smashmouth

Back in the day we used to at least get pizza and beer...

Yeah, those days are gone...we get cold pizza and cold wings leftover from the OMS’s and Manager and sups party that they have on Christmas eve in the office. They order extra, but somehow forget we dont get dont till 6:30 at the earliest...Pizza and wings from 3:00 sitting on the turn in counter...yeah...Ill pass!!

Smashmouth

I know you don't believe this but where I am they will drive everyday and rarely be inside.

Our PT cover drivers drive everyday year round. 22.4 will be replacing them. They will driver Tues-Sat. Maybe 2 or 3 will work inside but at least 14 22.4 will drive everyday in my center alone.

Same in my building as well...our CDs drive everyday year round...but get this, in our supplement we get both CD and 22.4. So now youre a CD with no protections and if you want to go full time before a RPCD job opens up, you get to join the 22.4 ranks. WHOOPIE!! I dont see them working inside ever either.

542thruNthru

Same in my building as well...our CDs drive everyday year round...but get this, in our supplement we get both CD and 22.4. So now youre a CD with no protections and if you want to go full time before a RPCD job opens up, you get to join the 22.4 ranks. WHOOPIE!! I dont see them working inside ever either.

We will still have CD language as well. Very few people will take the job now. Knowing that they will only work during max vacations and peak. People will rather have a second job that's more reliable.

Doubleparkedrunner

It has pros and cons. It is a contract worth over 15,000,000,000 over 5 years. Tell you friends and family about it and ask what their honest opinion is. Tell them what your total compensation package is. If you don't know it, ask me. I'll fill you in.

Good idea , but instead of telling them or anyone else ; How about we have a one day " field day" for them or anyone else so they can "try" the job out and thusly, they can then compare their current job to ours while also comparing their compensation package to ours.

I have a sneaking suspicion these family members or whoever else that tries our job , EVEN for ONE DAY ! , would ask a very simple question : How do you do this ?

If management agrees to this fictitious field day then it would have to be a surprise as we all know management would groom the loads, have brand new package cars, complimentary water, and utopian gospel music playing as the field dayers are walking in the back and down the middle of their package cars.

Tony Q

Good idea , but instead of telling them or anyone else ; How about we have a one day " field day" for them or anyone else so they can "try" the job out and thusly, they can then compare their current job to ours while also comparing their compensation package to ours.

I have a sneaking suspicion these family members or whoever else that tries our job , EVEN for ONE DAY ! , would ask a very simple question : How do you do this ?

If management agrees to this fictitious field day then it would have to be a surprise as we all know management would groom the loads, have brand new package cars, complimentary water, and utopian gospel music playing as the field dayers are walking in the back and down the middle of their package cars.
You just might get your chance.

3oFzmpTTfofGroPw40.gif

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I totally agree with that tidbit on the 22.4.
They may be underpaid delivering, but they will be overpaid working the sort aisle or loading cars.
It does not say anywhere that 22.4s will have to work inside for any amount of time. It only states if they work another shift they will have a max 90 minute break period between shifts. In my opinion the 22.4s will run air in the morning and come back to deliver ground at discount rate.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
if bid FSP staffing is fixed, 22.4 are set at 25% max, and the 22.4's can't go on road if bid FSP's are sent home, the company is kinda backed into a corner

if the union caves on any of the above, okay sure there's a loophole, but right now it's complicated enough that most managers can't/won't outsmart it
Not true the company can expand the 25% margin for 22.4s to RCPD's if the labor manager and union rep agrees to do so. Man you management idots should read the proposed contract and stop running your mouth about crap you dont know.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Not true the company can expand the 25% margin for 22.4s to RCPD's if the labor manager and union rep agrees to do so. Man you management idots should read the proposed contract and stop running your mouth about crap you dont know.
why the :censored2: would the BA ever agree to that

born2Bwild

And remember 25% is of the RPCD that are on payroll.How many RPCD are on vacations on any given week? How many RPCD are on disability? How many routes are cuts? When you factor all those in the percentage is higher.