Local supplements 2023-2028

Up In Smoke

In preparation of our contract explanation meeting tonight, I've run copies of our Local's LM2s to track the wage increases for our E-board and Business Agents. What I've discovered is our BAs received nearly 28% base salary increases and the board 32% over the course of our past contract. I've also discovered payouts of unused vacation and optional days to the tune of 20 days per employee per year and vehicle allowances for non agent employees. They want us to vote for an 18% compensation contract while they vote themselves 2x raises that we fund. The two conducting the meeting were in DC and are pushing extremely hard for a yes vote through emails and text messages. I've come to find out they received $22,000 each from the IBT to be on the contract committee and could lose those positions if a yes vote is not delivered. Beware of the messenger and not the message.

Thebrownblob

In preparation of our contract explanation meeting tonight, I've run copies of our Local's LM2s to track the wage increases for our E-board and Business Agents. What I've discovered is our BAs received nearly 28% base salary increases and the board 32% over the course of our past contract. I've also discovered payouts of unused vacation and optional days to the tune of 20 days per employee per year and vehicle allowances for non agent employees. They want us to vote for an 18% compensation contract while they vote themselves 2x raises that we fund. The two conducting the meeting were in DC and are pushing extremely hard for a yes vote through emails and text messages. I've come to find out they received $22,000 each from the IBT to be on the contract committee and could lose those positions if a yes vote is not delivered. Beware of the messenger and not the message.
And likely many drivers will still make far more than any businesses agent. And have better insurance. 🤷‍♂️

Do you not routinely, attend, union meetings? How is this a revelation if it’s true, if you actually attend meetings?

Up In Smoke

And likely many drivers will still make far more than any businesses agent. And have better insurance. 🤷‍♂️
Our Business Agents base salary is $144,350.00 and there benefits package is the same as ours. Each agent receives $7,200.00 vehicle allowance plus mileage. After doubling down on vacation pay, my BA had a gross income $153,961 plus $57,450.00 in benefits.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Our Business Agents base salary is $144,350.00 and there benefits package is the same as ours. Each agent receives $7,200.00 vehicle allowance plus mileage. After doubling down on vacation pay, my BA had a gross income $153,961 plus $57,450.00 in benefits.
Nice

Thebrownblob

And? Is he doing a good job? If not vote for a different slate next time. Or step up yourself.

Up In Smoke

And? Is he doing a good job? If not vote for a different slate next time. Or step up yourself.
I've had better and worse. Tonight we will address the wage disparity between members and it's leadership. I've been a trustee with this slate in the past, but stepped down as my businesses became more time consuming.

Thebrownblob

They should get the he same level
Chances are they agree but they aren’t the ones that negotiated
I've had better and worse. Tonight we will address the wage disparity between members and it's leadership. I've been a trustee with this slate in the past, but stepped down as my businesses became more time consuming.
Sounds like a good plan, although I would submit that clearly you don’t want to do it and I would also say nobody would want to put up with a hassle for less money or even the same money. Again that is assuming they’re doing a good job.

Thebrownblob

Our bylaws state no member of the E-board will earn more per hour than the highest paid member of it's local. The loophole being abused is our leadership is paying themselves based on 60 hours per week.
Again, I don’t know what you’re attempting to accomplish by bringing that up at a contract meeting? Really isn’t the appropriate place should’ve been done at a regular membership meeting. What do you expect to accomplish other than disrupt actual questions and answers about the contract? if you were on the eboard you should know that. Did you step away or were you asked to leave and now you have a ax to grind? Really don’t care but again it’s not the appropriate place and time. Come to the next regular membership meeting and fire away.

Up In Smoke

Again, I don’t know what you’re attempting to accomplish by bringing that up at a contract meeting? Really isn’t the appropriate place should’ve been done at a regular membership meeting. What do you expect to accomplish other than disrupt actual questions and answers about the contract? if you were on the eboard you should know that. Did you step away or were you asked to leave and now you have a ax to grind? Really don’t care but again it’s not the appropriate place and time. Come to the next regular membership meeting and fire away.
I attend every e-board meeting since stepping down in 2013. Each time I or any other member attempts to talk wages and benefits, one of the trustees calls out for an adjournment followed by a second from another member and we are reminded that all financial questions can be addressed on a one on one basis or by written request. I request monthly statements and publish them for the general membership to view. Tonight's meeting we will ask if it's appropriate for the board to give themselves 2x raises over ours without the meeting being shut down. I have no ax to grind, just feel the membership is deserving of transparency. When I served, we were allowed to vote our conscious, since 2018ish the e-board has voted 7-0 on all important issues.

Thebrownblob

I attend every e-board meeting since stepping down in 2013. Each time I or any other member attempts to talk wages and benefits, one of the trustees calls out for an adjournment followed by a second from another member and we are reminded that all financial questions can be addressed on a one on one basis or by written request. I request monthly statements and publish them for the general membership to view. Tonight's meeting we will ask if it's appropriate for the board to give themselves 2x raises over ours without the meeting being shut down. I have no ax to grind, just feel the membership is deserving of transparency. When I served, we were allowed to vote our conscious, since 2018ish the e-board has voted 7-0 on all important issues.
So again, what do you plan to accomplish? You’re well aware of what recourse needs to happen if you feel they are being inappropriate. Grandstanding during a contract review meeting is pointless, especially when they don’t control the wages in the UPS contract. I’m certain you’re well aware of the bylaws.