NDA and savers relaxed commit time (1800)?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I think this is the first year that air shipments have an end-of-day commitment. It's too bad that shippers who really need a morning delivery (e.g. hospitals, production lines, legal documents, etc.) have to suffer due to the avalanche of Christmas presents. All the customers that ship air steadily throughout the year are penalized for shippers that ship the majority of their shipments for 2 weeks out of the year.

From ups.com:

"Holiday season service guarantees: UPS Air and international Air packages picked up or delivered within the United States are guaranteed throughout the holiday season. Commitment times for Air and international Air packages scheduled for delivery Nov. 24 and Dec. 18 - Dec. 23 will be extended as follows: UPS Next Day Air Early and UPS Worldwide Express Plus services will be extended by 90 minutes and all other Air and international Air services will be extended to end-of-day. The guarantee is suspended for all UPS Ground shipments, including shipments to and from Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico, and UPS Standard shipments picked up or scheduled for delivery between Nov. 27 - Dec. 24. Visit ups.com for the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions. Service guarantees are subject to change.

From FedEx.com:

Monday, Dec. 18, through Saturday, Dec. 23, 2017, for shipments delivered by the end of the day on the published delivery commitment date for the selected service and destination. This applies to the following FedEx Express services: FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx Standard Overnight, FedEx 2Day, FedEx 2Day A.M.,FedEx Express Saver
I would like to think that anyone who has a hospital on their route would do the right thing and deliver their stuff early, despite the “no commits”.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
I delivered an early AM to a business at 115...it was an old man and he looked me dead in the eyes and said “do you not know what early or AM means?” I did all I could to not laugh right in his face...remember though...we don’t provide a product we provide a service...so just crap on the service the last two months of the year...people will understand;)

I delivered an early AM to a business at 115...it was an old man and he looked me dead in the eyes and said “do you not know what early or AM means?” I did all I could to not laugh right in his face...remember though...we don’t provide a product we provide a service...so just crap on the service the last two months of the year...people will understand;)
They are still guaranteed

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
Is this company wide?

This was me today:

View attachment 170917

How we all left the center today.

tumblr_ntqxg7V4Ah1sxqyhyo1_400.gif

Indecisi0n

Airs are ways relaxed week of Christmas here. The do ask that we try to deliver medical and bulk air stops early if we can.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
I kinda wonder if the customers even knew this was going to be the case. I doubt it.

Our committed NDA is usually noon. Now it's 1330. EAM is now noon. Any other air other is ALWAYS by end of day.

You talkin' to me?
She is clueless. Has no idea what you are showing with a happy, skipping, jolly bunny. Maybe you should explain it to her. Did I mention she is clueless.

JL 0513

I was quite surprised by this today too. Up to last year, this week was indeed 90 minute relaxed.

It helped give me an 8.75 hour day today though!

If customers did know, we'd only see savers, yet millions of regular NDA's are still sold, what gives?

Oh, and what about that critical healthcare stuff that they've now made the most important part of our job? Doesn't apply this week.. unbelievable.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
There Is a guy on my route who complains about everything Only ring the buzzer one time. , don’t come though the front door. Show up before 4 o’clock for my pick up ..etc. I am so happy to deliver his next day airs at the same time I do his pick up I can not even put it into words Lmfao.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There Is a guy on my route who complains about everything Only ring the buzzer one time. , don’t come though the front door. Show up before 4 o’clock for my pick up ..etc. I am so happy to deliver his next day airs at the same time I do his pick up I can not even put it into words Lmfao.
I'd hold that bell down until he came to the door.

Only rang it once.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Walgreens was taking forever today and my helper doesn't hold the bell down long at all.

I hopped out of the truck with the plan to hold down the bell til they came. Luck for them they opened the door when I was about 2 steps away lol
I remember that at a cvs I use to deliver to as a cover. They took note than a couple minutes I delivered it all through the front door. Boy did piss then off. They said I can’t do that. I said fine ,all your packages will be sheeted refused and returned. They caught on pretty quick I wasn’t joking.

Last edited:

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Walgreens was taking forever today and my helper doesn't hold the bell down long at all.

I hopped out of the truck with the plan to hold down the bell til they came. Luck for them they opened the door when I was about 2 steps away lol

Do that with K Mart. And after about 30 seconds of continuous ringing, I call the store and still hold it lmao