NDA and savers relaxed commit time (1800)?

Rack em

Made the Podium
Do that with K Mart. And after about 30 seconds of continuous ringing, I call the store and still hold it lmao
K-mart was really bad before they closed here. It wouldn't be as bad in the morning while delivering, but no one was ever back there during pick ups. They left a note on their back door with their phone number but it isn't my job to call them to be in shipping/receiving. So I rang the buzzer for a solid 15 straight seconds and waiting 3 minutes max. Then left sheeting the pick up as closed. Turns out they had 70 something going out that day and one of the pm air drivers had to go pick it up. I was told to call next time, I refused to do that. Told supervisor that they having a shipping and receiving department for a reason so someone better be back to answer when the buzzer rings. If not I'll ring it once, wait until or if someone answers, and miss the rest of my pick ups and air drop sitting there waiting.

I HATE how spineless our management team is. They let customers walk all over them and the drivers because they won't stand up for what is right.

barnyard

KTM rider
bet you were nervous when u hit stop complete

Nope.

PCM this morning was that there were no commits for NDA. I went through my manifest before I left the building to toggle 'resi' to remove the 1800 commit time. I had 1 commercial stop that had an NDA. Stop completed that before 10a.

Pretty sure that this is the 1st year we have done end of day commits on purpose. In the past, we have had 90 minute relaxed commits and then if there is a couple of snowflakes, we are told to run everything on trace.

Not sure what I will do if I have other commercial air this week. I had a commercial cut added that is loaded in section 5 and 6. I usually cannot reach those sections by the time EDD is released.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Is this company wide?

This was me today:

View attachment 170917
It's a shame that the customers don't share your enthusiasm.

It has always been 90 minutes relaxed for the last week of Peak, not 9 hours.
Now couple that with the surcharge per package that started today and ask yourself how much damage is being done to the brand???

25354174_10210914077076172_1795135973988663287_n.jpg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I had one residential NDA that I delivered after 1030. All of my commercial air was off by 1030, on trace. But we started at 8 today. We'll see what happens the rest of the week.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
There Is a guy on my route who complains about everything Only ring the buzzer one time. , don’t come though the front door. Show up before 4 o’clock for my pick up ..etc. I am so happy to deliver his next day airs at the same time I do his pick up I can not even put it into words Lmfao.
Oh it’s definitely a nice friend you to certain customers who are jerks

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I delivered an early AM to a business at 115...it was an old man and he looked me dead in the eyes and said “do you not know what early or AM means?” I did all I could to not laugh right in his face...remember though...we don’t provide a product we provide a service...so just crap on the service the last two months of the year...people will understand;)
The Drivers should be the only ones that 'give a damn' ... every other employee type, especially management, have been screwed over but drivers keep getting increases to their compensation while other employees keep getting enhanced with less compensation.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

K-mart was really bad before they closed here. It wouldn't be as bad in the morning while delivering, but no one was ever back there during pick ups. They left a note on their back door with their phone number but it isn't my job to call them to be in shipping/receiving. So I rang the buzzer for a solid 15 straight seconds and waiting 3 minutes max. Then left sheeting the pick up as closed. Turns out they had 70 something going out that day and one of the pm air drivers had to go pick it up. I was told to call next time, I refused to do that. Told supervisor that they having a shipping and receiving department for a reason so someone better be back to answer when the buzzer rings. If not I'll ring it once, wait until or if someone answers, and miss the rest of my pick ups and air drop sitting there waiting.

I HATE how spineless our management team is. They let customers walk all over them and the drivers because they won't stand up for what is right.

If you know what their phone number is why don't you call it as you are heading there to let you know that you will be there in x number of minutes and to please have someone back there? If, when you get there, there is no one back there, then by all means leave a notice and move on.

K-Mart sucks.

Dhydratd

K-mart was really bad before they closed here. It wouldn't be as bad in the morning while delivering, but no one was ever back there during pick ups. They left a note on their back door with their phone number but it isn't my job to call them to be in shipping/receiving. So I rang the buzzer for a solid 15 straight seconds and waiting 3 minutes max. Then left sheeting the pick up as closed. Turns out they had 70 something going out that day and one of the pm air drivers had to go pick it up. I was told to call next time, I refused to do that.
Where did your management team want you to call them from? Your own personal cell phone? Hell no!!
I lol whenever a customer leaves a note telling me to call when I get there and they will drive home to sign for their delivery because they only work "5 minutes away". Yeah, right!