New bonus of $110 from $75 for local 705.

Jetboat1

Does anyone know why the attendance bonus was raised from 75 to 110 a week? Does everyone get the bonus or only the part time employees? How long will it last?

Thebrownblob

Probably because they’re having trouble keeping people. It’s 150 at our hub. Still can’t keep people. It’s not guaranteed so no one knows how long it will last.

542thruNthru

Does anyone know why the attendance bonus was raised from 75 to 110 a week? Does everyone get the bonus or only the part time employees? How long will it last?
Because of Biden. You're welcome.

026258EA-5DB9-4E53-B7ED-E2EA4AA686CB.gif

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
We've had them on and off in our area. The largest paychecks I ever took home as a part time employee was back when we were at $11.50 an hour with a bonus, I think it was somewhere in the ballpark of $100-200, plus unlimited shifts, unlimited driver helper, and supervisors that would pay you top rate as a helper to go out and deliver. I would sleep 4-6 hours in the back of the car and do it all over again, arms and legs feeling like jello. I took home nowhere near the same amount of money when pay was raised to $17 and then some.

I agree. One of the best PT jobs around. No Holidays or weekends and I was paid $.50/hr less then top rate delivery drivers after 90 days. What is wrong with young people today?
Young people don't want to work hard ( not all of them). Also this is not the premium job that it used to be.

Once I got my 30 days in I quit my full-time job. I was making a $3.75 an hour at my full time job. I was making $8 an hour working here 20 to 25 hours a week.
So I was actually making more money by working less hours

Young people don't want to work hard ( not all of them). Also this is not the premium job that it used to be.

Once I got my 30 days in I quit my full-time job. I was making a $3.75 an hour at my full time job. I was making $8 an hour working here 20 to 25 hours a week.
So I was actually making more money by working less hours
Don't forget the max package weight was 50lbs. later 70lbs. You are right young people don't want to work harder for less pay anymore.

PTSandwichMaker

Did the local negotiate it? Or is it a company move due to retention & understaffing? Please try to find out and update? I have seen reduced bonus in some locations recently. So wonder if they’re reevaluating and reallocating the bonus amounts now. Since initially it appeared to be based on location and staying “competitive” - maybe now it will be based more on actual staffing needs with the understaffed and low retention getting an increase while others decrease. We are in pretty bad shape with a 25 weekly bonus.

I check the ups jobs page for my state and location periodically to keep tabs on bonuses and listings. If anyone else is wondering what’s going to happen with theirs it’s a good way to find out before management does (or tells you, if they do).