New Contract Effectiveness (On Topic)

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If UPS was still a private company I would agree with you. They are too worried about the shareholders and even a whisper of a strike would make the stock tumble.
How mAny customers would we loose to FedEx and amazon gypo delivery service.. we have the upper hand but Hof is too much of a p@ to push the company even an inch.!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm not following. Does the company want to give more to the part timers or not? Pretty sure part timers get paid holidays and sick time. Or do they not where you are? That would suck. Is this what the company is trying to negotiate for? I'm fairly certain that the company is feeling the pain of high part timer turn over, and I'm happy to maintain what I have to make it easier to negotiate better terms for part timers.
They have stated there is a huge issue with part time people... try throwing a few more scraps their way then.... its not rocket science fools !

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
You think 300,000 employees losing their jobs would be without recourse?
Plus I'd bet more than half will cross. The union hasn't got much to offer around here anymore. Just the health care. I expect that to be the next concession Hoffa gives away. Hoffa will be bought out by UPS. Just like the other contracts he has been in charge of

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Plus I'd bet more than half will cross. The union hasn't got much to offer around here anymore. Just the health care. I expect that to be the next concession Hoffa gives away. Hoffa will be bought out by UPS. Just like the other contracts he has been in charge of

Healthcare is the one thing that the Union is doing right.

How mAny customers would we loose to FedEx and amazon gypo delivery service.. we have the upper hand but Hof is too much of a p@ to push the company even an inch.!!
With amazon adding more market cap last week than fed ex's total market cap. UPS could be in trouble.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
With amazon adding more market cap last week than fed ex's total market cap. UPS could be in trouble.
Did you read where they want to start selling prescription drugs... they already have licenses in a couple states... these guys are going to eventually get broke up with anti trust....

Did you read where they want to start selling prescription drugs... they already have licenses in a couple states... these guys are going to eventually get broke up with anti trust....
Yes, and they've started "inside front door delivery" also