New Contract Effectiveness (On Topic)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I do foresee ...some type of lawsuits ...developing from this

I don't think so.

The courier will send a text to Amazon to let them know that they are at the home. Amazon will send a one time code to their smartphone which will allow them to open the door just enough to slide the package in. The mandatory camera will record the entire delivery. The courier will then close the door and the smart lock, which is also mandatory, will shut off.

Have none of you ever done the same? I know when I first started I was taught to jiggle door handles and, if unlocked, to open the door just enough to slide the package in. We were told not to lock the door on our way out.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Nope. Part of the deal is the customer has to install a camera pointed toward their front door.
How many people still rob banks with all the cameras and electronic devices inside??? So you would feel 100% secure if an amazon "associate " who is also an ex gang member came into your daughters house with your grandkids inside???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I don't think so.

The courier will send a text to Amazon to let them know that they are at the home. Amazon will send a one time code to their smartphone which will allow them to open the door just enough to slide the package in. The mandatory camera will record the entire delivery. The courier will then close the door and the smart lock, which is also mandatory, will shut off.

Have none of you ever done the same? I know when I first started I was taught to jiggle door handles and, if unlocked, to open the door just enough to slide the package in. We were told not to lock the door on our way out.
You are dreaming man....