Not a win for Local 804

UPSGUY72

It would be illegal For Ups to include any language restricting
an employees rights under federal law. Rest assured that Ups legal knows this and they would not be so incompetent to try to do so.

If Reyes wants to take action, he can. If ups is found to have violated his rights, he would get bsck pay and have his record expunged regarding this discharge.

Other drivers than could be able to take action based on the fact that the government has found UPS in violation and therefore the drivers would not be in violation of the contract.

The government does not rely on what UPS or the union actions are.

UPS hasn't been found in violation of anything. However the Union agreed that the walkout wasn't legal...

These driver are currently fired and yes UPS can say you can have your job back but in doing so you drop your right to file a grievance..... These drivers don't have to sign the paperwork if it said that and if they didn't want to and UPS also doesn't have to hire them back if they don't. They could file a grievance and hope that it settle sooner than later......

Union employee sign away there right to file a grievance all the time especially when they sign last and final chance paperwork to get there job back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It would be illegal For Ups to include any language restricting
an employees rights under federal law. Rest assured that Ups legal knows this and they would not be so incompetent to try to do so.

If Reyes wants to take action, he can. If ups is found to have violated his rights, he would get bsck pay and have his record expunged regarding this discharge.

Other drivers than could be able to take action based on the fact that the government has found UPS in violation and therefore the drivers would not be in violation of the contract.

The government does not rely on what UPS or the union actions are.
That spider web is floating in thin air.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
A decision, reached at any step of the grievance procedure....

is Final and Binding. For both parties.

Individuals.... don't have the ability, to bargain on their own behalf.

-Bug-

RealPerson

I am glad the drivers got their job back but at a price.

Each driver loses 10 days for suspension, $250,000 of our dues and Liam banned from any UPS facility.

If anyone calls this a victory like they claimed with the Melville mess they haven't a clue.

I am going to guess the Fine is the amount of Dues those 250 Drivers would of paid for the year!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I am going to guess the Fine is the amount of Dues those 250 Drivers would of paid for the year!
The fine is the amount lost due to all of the late/missed NDA's.
And I would imagine the cost of outside legal counsel ...
... McClure: The largest portion of my outside counsel spend is spent on labor and employment issues.
... McClure: We do have a very small inside legal department as compared to the outside legal department – about 80 percent of my budget is spent on outside legal fees.

http://www.metrocorpcounsel.com/art...cated-its-employees-and-communities-it-serves

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Even if drivers sign off on, or accept the 2 week suspension, they can still file a complaint thru the Nlrb or other government agencies.

Was Reyes granted his Weingarten rights?
Did Reyes request his rights? UPS doesn't have to offer them and most likely wouldn't. If he did ask and wasn't ganted those rights he should have just sat there and not said a word.

browned out

A decision, reached at any step of the grievance procedure....

is Final and Binding. For both parties.

Individuals.... don't have the ability, to bargain on their own behalf.

-Bug-

As far as the union and ups goes; it is binding. But many UPS employees have been reinstated with back pay and the removal of that discipline from their records.... after state or federal agencies found that UPS and/or the Union were incorrect in their decision.

By no means; are any UPSers rights (management or hourly) diminished because the union and company agreed on it (hourlys) or the tribunal panel (management) or whatever they call it decides.

If an employee is discharged with the Union and UPS in agreement; the employee can still get their job back, back pay, etc. What kind of fantasy land are you living in if you believe otherwise?

heybobby!

Time magazine

Sent using BrownCafe App

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1397843233.494317.jpg
    ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1397843233.494317.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 113

brown_trousers

Each driver loses 10 days for suspension, $250,000 of our dues and Liam banned from any UPS facility.

If anyone calls this a victory like they claimed with the Melville mess they haven't a clue.

It is absolutely a victory. UPS agreed to break contract to the benefit of these drivers.

They contractually "abandoned" their jobs during the walkout, and UPS was willing to let them have their abandoned jobs back

804 member

Drivers lost almost $4,000 each... that's not a win. We lost $250,000 of our dues. If that's a win.... what's a loss?

Minimized the damage that Liam caused! !!

Sent using BrownCafe App

brown_trousers

Drivers lost almost $4,000 each... that's not a win. We lost $250,000 of our dues. If that's a win.... what's a loss?

Minimized the damage that Liam caused! !!

Sent using BrownCafe App
We went from 250 drivers losing their jobs along with the million dollars in lost wages they would have made throughout their career, not to mention the shear financial disaster it would cause with their families..... and now.... they only have to pay a fine which could be split up to $1000 to each driver, and they keep their jobs, their houses, their cars.

What part of this is not a win?

Yea but they have a story to tell now. I've made some mistakes that cost me and the were some good hard lessons.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
As far as the union and ups goes; it is binding.

I am glad you agree.

But many UPS employees have been reinstated with back pay and the removal of that discipline from their records.... after state or federal agencies found that UPS and/or the Union were incorrect in their decision.

Who are these employee's ?? Do you have a few names ??

I can look up the case. Every Local has a copy.

By no means; are any UPSers rights (management or hourly) diminished because the union and company agreed on it (hourlys) or the tribunal panel (management) or whatever they call it decides.

Now.... I understand your post.

If an employee is discharged with the Union and UPS in agreement; the employee can still get their job back, back pay, etc.

How do they do that ??

This should be good....

What kind of fantasy land are you living in if you believe otherwise?

Oh.... dear God....

Another "Locker-Room Lawyer"

-Bug-