Numbers game - PPH

tourists24

Yeah, I don't know what any of that means. All I'm saying is there is no pph goal that is difficult to attain.
Hourly employees just need to man up and do it.
Stop asking when can we go home, you can go home after your 3 hour work day!

As far as drivers go, if I was making $31 an hour they would have a hard getting me off the clock, so not a lot of
sympathy.
Oh you would be a fun one to play with.... I mean work for...lol

UnconTROLLed

perfection
maybe at your center.... not in mine..... management does get there earlier but they are long gone by the time most of their drivers get in
I have never seen a manager come in or leave, only a few plan facilitators. The actual managers do not come down from the offices high above except every so often as needed to whip the horse.

2years2go

\ Graduate member
Yes, let's cut our productivity by 20%. Then, will all the damages go away? I don't think so. They'll have to, because we will need to raise our rates 20% and drive a ton of customers to other carriers. The other option is to take pay cuts of 20%. If we don't like those choices, maybe we need to follow methods and not damage packages. This formula has worked for 104 years. It's funny how the most productive operations usually have the lowest damage frequencies. I wonder why?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Yes, let's cut our productivity by 20%. Then, will all the damages go away? I don't think so. They'll have to, because we will need to raise our rates 20% and drive a ton of customers to other carriers. The other option is to take pay cuts of 20%. If we don't like those choices, maybe we need to follow methods and not damage packages. This formula has worked for 104 years. It's funny how the most productive operations usually have the lowest damage frequencies. I wonder why?
Easy. They put their damages on the feeder and ship them to my center so we get charged with them.

8up

thanks for some of the great feedback. at our facility, the preload is being pushed for a higher pph than last year and we see more damages on the belts from more jams and the sups are out running more left in building and missloads. so, how are we making more profits with the increase in pph while spending more money on damages, extra costs on sups running pkgs. out, lost driver production in backtracking to make service and all the money paid out in grievence pay for sups working? i'm all for making service, but how is it cost effective vs. pph?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
thanks for some of the great feedback. at our facility, the preload is being pushed for a higher pph than last year and we see more damages on the belts from more jams and the sups are out running more left in building and missloads. so, how are we making more profits with the increase in pph while spending more money on damages, extra costs on sups running pkgs. out, lost driver production in backtracking to make service and all the money paid out in grievence pay for sups working? i'm all for making service, but how is it cost effective vs. pph?

pph is cost effective to middle and upper management bonuses. If PPH goes up, bonuses go up. That is all there is to it. It has nothing to do with profits, nothing to do with real world savings. If PPH is up and costs are up, it's okay. If PPH is down and costs are down, it is not.

slantnosechevy

Methods....now there's a novel idea. Methods wont allow your inflated PPH numbers to be reached so employees feel they are forced to cheat. No different than drivers who cheated for years and now are on telematics and can't make the numbers work. If we follow methods and I encourage everyone around me to do so, Gee, I wonder what would happen to PPH then? What would happen to the part-time supes? Especially the ones walking around facilities all over the country with thumbs up their :censored2:.

Maybe we would have to cut management 50% and watch the profits soar and damages drop?

annoyed804

Pph is a b/s made up ups number......your goal will always be set so it's out of reach...unless of course you get creative and cheat....and then the company will come after you if they have a beef with you and use that word "integrity". but if they like you they look the other way.
Please do not be that blinded about how upper management operates. Did anyone ever notice what a load looks like when it comes back into the building after it's pulled by let's say someone in the IE Dept , they can,t even put into play what they preach.

menotyou

bella amicizia
My old center manager was demoted to on-car(we hear he was lucky to be working here at all) after he was caught fudging numbers to look good. They loved him when his numbers were great. They know the numbers are impossible to meet, yet get all uppity if you cheat. They cheat people everyday, but don't get caught!! That's a no-no!! Please. The entire system is a joke and those that buy into it are buying a burger today that they won't get til next tuesday.

annoyed804

Pieces per hour pay our checks. In our hub 1200 pph is the the goal. PPH divided by # of employees divided by hours in the sort span = profitability or lack of profitability.
wrong...good quality service pays us...........something this co has lost sight of....get real upservice people back on the board...............remember the kool aid will kill us all.