Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

F

Frankie's Friend

There is something in this contract for everyone, as I have maintained all along.
20180707_074435.jpg

For starters, there's a diminished FT driving job just waiting for at least 5 of our PT workers who signed the intent sheet bidding a FT PC position in Feb. Three are scheduled to go to integrad in August...delayed until after 7-31-18.

One already passed integrad and the company has been using off the street vacation coverages drivers while the pter works a sort for 3.5 hrs....for months now.

The company is counting on the part timers around them to vote this contract in thus freezing the ft driver positions available .

And the union allegedly introduced this language? Without any clause saying those who already signed a ft bid sheet would be grandfathered if they qualify?

If there's truth in the above statement then yes, there's something for everyone in this cba but some will need vaseline to appreciate it.

Tony Q

View attachment 200798

For starters, there's a diminished FT driving job just waiting for at least 5 of our PT workers who signed the intent sheet bidding a FT PC position in Feb. Three are scheduled to go to integrad in August...delayed until after 7-31-18.

One already passed integrad and the company has been using off the street vacation coverages drivers while the pter works a sort for 3.5 hrs....for months now.

The company is counting on the part timers around them to vote this contract in thus freezing the ft driver positions available .

And the union allegedly introduced this language? Without any clause saying those who already signed a ft bid sheet would be grandfathered if they qualify?

If there's truth in the above statement then yes, there's something for everyone in this cba but some will need vaseline to appreciate it.
Were you a fan of the 97 contract?

F

Frankie's Friend

How did you feel about creating the 10,000 new full time jobs?
What kind of a dumb answer are you fishing for?
More full time inside jobs were a win.
They did not include package car work.

What do you think about the pkg car classification getting raped by funneling the work to these split shift jobs at a lower pay rate?

I think it's garbage and the reported issue there's no cap on the % that the company can replace the pkg car driver work with 22.4s makes me realize the hourly is possibly again getting screwed.

When I see the contract language I will probably have to omit words like possibly and reported.

I'm not impressed by what you say because of what I haven't seen in this cba and what i did see in 2013.

You also know that feeders are probably next.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I'm sure you do, but we had to raise the full timers pension to 3,800 for 30 years and the part timers pension to 65 dollars for every year of service.

Tony: Where did you get that information? I am presuming you are talking about the IBT/UPS plan which was the Central. I knew this was coming, the new bonus scheme by upping the retirement package in order to ratify this contract. Again rely on the "I got my piece of the pie but it sure sucks to be you" mindset. Those Hybrid drivers really don't matter if I am going retire after all..See You Later Boys, it has been fun. We can not blame them, most of us with the time in are basically "Sick of being Sick" over the ways things are being run and are looking at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now what would happen for example if the National, Supplements and Rider go down in a blaze of glory? Will we hear from both sides that they are going to withdrawn those pension benefits if we vote No?

All Well: Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel till next week. :batman2:

DELACROIX

Every year of service? No more 35 year cap?

I would really watch the fine print with this one. 65 dollars per vested years from your original start date, no cap would be fair. That formula should also included any part time years that a full timer worked after all, no matter when they left the UPS Pension Plan.

DELACROIX

How did you feel about creating the 10,000 new full time jobs?

Just how many of them are going to 22.4's. They are included with those 10,000, we might of seen the last of the 22.3's and 22.2's. Again are their jobs protected when vacated from being morphed into the new 22.4's, we will have to see the language.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Good news is the 5+ hour overtime is killer now: $22.50 for the last hour is a lot better than the old $17 OT
I'd quit preloading at that pay rate. All of our new hires get like $150/week just for showing up on time, every day. That $150/week was about what I made in early 2002 when I started at $9.50/hr for 18-20 hours. Even with that ridiculous bonus they can't keep people. Also, that bonus ensures that 2-3 year people make less than new-hires.

iowa boy

Christ,

The pilots got an immediate 14% raise for their first year, and our beloved lead negotiator gets us less than 2% for our first year...