Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

Tony Q

Just how many of them are going to 22.4's. They are included with those 10,000, we might of seen the last of the 22.3's and 22.2's. Again are their jobs protected when vacated from being morphed into the new 22.4's, we will have to see the language.
They are all protected. The 22.2's, and 22.3 are all protected.

Tony Q

Tony: Where did you get that information? I am presuming you are talking about the IBT/UPS plan which was the Central. I knew this was coming, the new bonus scheme by upping the retirement package in order to ratify this contract. Again rely on the "I got my piece of the pie but it sure sucks to be you" mindset. Those Hybrid drivers really don't matter if I am going retire after all..See You Later Boys, it has been fun. We can not blame them, most of us with the time in are basically "Sick of being Sick" over the ways things are being run and are looking at the light at the end of the tunnel.

Now what would happen for example if the National, Supplements and Rider go down in a blaze of glory? Will we hear from both sides that they are going to withdrawn those pension benefits if we vote No?

All Well: Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel till next week. :batman2:
I would honestly like to see a strike at around Christmas time and let the whole business shut down. We could be the grinch that stole Christmas and we can look like the bad ass teamsters. Thats what I would like to see happen. We could go out like bad asses.

F

Frankie's Friend

I understand where you are coming from. I wish we could have started the part timers off higher a long time ago, but when you are splitting up a pie you unfortunately split it up along what people will vote for. Its never favored the part timers because they simply don't vote.
Finally some truth about who screws the part time workers at ups.
Unless, of course, you want their vote to override the full timers so...
Give em a raise (small one)...

Cut their wait time on benefits by probably a half...

Bait them into a full time job that will be harder to get out of because you're capping the total ft driving positions and will prob move them around like 22.3s...
(Will each ft driver have a job number assigned like the 22.3s so the co can move them too?)

Allow people to vote on their smart phones. Yeah dude, that reeks of fraud at the get go.

This whole deal is just another slap in the face of people who have higher than an 80 IQ.

Let's prove we're not dumb animals and look at the big picture for those left behind when we retire.

Tony Q

The ones that are current but I believe I read that the 22.4 jobs will be counted towards the remaining 22.3 jobs owed.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Though if I'm not that's BS.
There are 23,500 22.3 jobs that are guaranteed. They all have job numbers and your local and the IBT have access to these numbers. The 22.4 jobs have nothing to do with 22.2 and 22.4 jobs. totally separate.

Bait them into a full time job that will be harder to get out of because you're capping the total ft driving positions and will prob move them around like 22.3s...
(Will each ft driver have a job number assigned like the 22.3s so the co can move them too?)

Allow people to vote on their smart phones. Yeah dude, that reeks of fraud at the get go.

This whole deal is just another slap in the face of people who have higher than an 80 IQ.

Let's prove we're not dumb animals and look at the big picture for those left behind when we retire.
Just :censored2:ing vote no. Let him go back to Atlanta or to the IBT headquarters and try again.

Obviously a plant.

Tony Q

I understand if you waited a long time to get your full time job at ups. I also understand being upset at negotiating a contract towards the people who actually vote.

Tony Q

What kind of a dumb answer are you fishing for?
More full time inside jobs were a win.
They did not include package car work.

What do you think about the pkg car classification getting raped by funneling the work to these split shift jobs at a lower pay rate?

I think it's garbage and the reported issue there's no cap on the % that the company can replace the pkg car driver work with 22.4s makes me realize the hourly is possibly again getting screwed.

When I see the contract language I will probably have to omit words like possibly and reported.

I'm not impressed by what you say because of what I haven't seen in this cba and what i did see in 2013.

You also know that feeders are probably next.
Wow, are you okay? I don't understand why you are so hostile towards me. I probably won't reply to you anymore because I don't want to upset you.

F

Frankie's Friend

I understand if you waited a long time to get your full time job at ups. I also understand being upset at negotiating a contract towards the people who actually vote.
Situational ethics.
You said it yourself.

I dont have the info so I'm trying to be neutral but the last deal in 2013 proved how expensive trust is.

F

Frankie's Friend

Wow, are you okay? I don't understand why you are so hostile towards me. I probably won't reply to you anymore because I don't want to upset you.
Save the theatrical audition for the real show.
Give it 2 weeks.
I'm sure the postal workers will hate the ibt by then with the tons of lit to deliver.

F

Frankie's Friend

They will all be gone shortly. Not site why anyone would take that loser job unless they are trying to get a full-time job. But anyways it will be gone.
If you cant pass your dot medical exam and there's no 22.3 jobs left and the 22.4 includes driving...

What is left?

Just like MMI?

THINK ABOUT IT.