Offer Sells Part-Timers Short

Tony Q

I'm sure you and the negotiating team would be very well taken care of in the meantime.
Some locals would still get wage increases. It would depend on your bylaws and what your wages are based off of. If they are based of of UPS then they would have to wait two years or however long it took to ratify the contract.

Box Ox

Are you purposefully being disingenuous, or are you just clueless?

11. Newly created 22.4 combination driver positions shall count toward the newly created 22.3 jobs required by this Agreement.

Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising

Damnit, man! That's one of those things you're supposed to notice AFTER you've voted yes!

F

Frankie's Friend

@Tony Q ,
I'm not unthankful. There's many parts of my compensation that I appreciate. I was raised that way.

But I'm also extremely aggravated about hearing that pkg car jobs are going to be cannibalized, siphoned off of, prostituted, and their quantity CAPPED if this goes thru.
Seriously.
Does the ibt not care about anything other than their financial survival?

It was reported that they screwed the pt to full time progression to get the healthcare money last time.

I don't want to see our leaders on tv beating their fist against podiums and cussing about Republicans and corporate greed after this cba is ratified.

PS/ I'm ok. Are you ok?

Tony Q

Are you purposefully being disingenuous, or are you just clueless?

11. Newly created 22.4 combination driver positions shall count toward the newly created 22.3 jobs required by this Agreement.

Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising
That does not include the 23,500 preexisting jobs created from 1997 to 2016. Those are separate. This includes the any new 22.3 jobs that might be created in this contract. You really need to see the whole agreement in its entirety. your speculation is going to really reck your blood pressure.

Tony Q

@Tony Q ,
I'm not unthankful. There's many parts of my compensation that I appreciate. I was raised that way.

But I'm also extremely aggravated about hearing that pkg car jobs are going to be cannibalized, siphoned off of, prostituted, and their quantity CAPPED if this goes thru.
Seriously.
Does the ibt not care about anything other than their financial survival?

It was reported that they screwed the pt to full time progression to get the healthcare money last time.

I don't want to see our leaders on tv beating their fist against podiums and cussing about Republicans and corporate greed after this cba is ratified.

PS/ I'm ok. Are you ok?
I'm good and happy that you are Okay. I am going to refrain from replying to you moving forward. Please feel free to ask others question on here. I won't be answering anymore of your questions. I don't feel as though you in particular are treating me fairly and for this I will cease the dialogue. Have a good one.

F

Frankie's Friend

That does not include the 23,500 preexisting jobs created from 1997 to 2016. Those are separate. This includes the any new 22.3 jobs that might be created in this contract.
Dude, we already knew that.
That's not what we are talking about.
Dont haul water to the sea.
Seriously.

At least get spell check.
It helped me emensly. :rolleyes:

F

Frankie's Friend

I'm good and happy that you are Okay. I am going to refrain from replying to you moving forward. Please feel free to ask others question on here. I won't be answering anymore of your questions. I don't feel as though you in particular are treating me fairly and for this I will cease the dialogue. Have a good one.
Coward.

I'm not asking you questions to get answers (if I asked one?) and I'll reply or post whatever to whomever i want to without your high minded permission.

Dave.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The 22.4 jobs have nothing to do with 22.2 and 22.3 jobs. totally separate.
That does not include the 23,500 preexisting jobs created from 1997 to 2016. Those are separate.
This includes the any new 22.3 jobs that might be created in this contract.
So in other words, not totally separate going forward....

You're basically saying screwing over part timers who want to be full time but can't drive is ok, because the people who already "got theirs" are protected?

Bro that doesn't make this right.

Box Ox

You really need to see the whole agreement in its entirety.

At this point, telling folks to read the whole Contract before they decide how they feel about it reminds me of 2003, when Baghdad Bob was yapping that an Iraqi victory was close at hand as US forces were entering the City.

F

Frankie's Friend

You're basically saying screwing over part timers who want to be full time but can't drive is ok, because the people who already "got theirs" are protected?

It's not about enhancing ft jobs it's about devouring low hanging fruit to clone jobs that saves the company money since they're going broke.

Tony Q

How many more 22.3 jobs do you think we should have demanded?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
How many more 22.3 jobs do you think we should have demanded?
Demanded? Are you trying to be snarky or do you not understand this was a negotiation?

Wtf does it even matter if they'll just make them 22.4 instead? Stop dodging the fact that they're going to hire 22.4 instead of 22.3 for at least the length of this contract with this language in there.