"On Topic" Unity+Solidarity=Teamwork =Change

Integrity

Binge Poster
To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to possibly bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our ownmutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Work related issue or question:

Unity, solidarity, and teamwork. In my experience these are areas that need significant improvement.

I believe change begins when unity and solidarity are established and maintained in the workplace. With unity of purpose and solidarity in conviction, teamwork can thrive.

I believe any workplace can achieve dramatic culture change if it goes through a revolution of unity, solidarity and the resultant teamwork.

How to change?

Where to begin?

What are your thoughts, opinion, and ideas about this?

Do you want change?

If you don't feel comfortable with posting in open forum please feel welcomed to private message me.

I

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
In my opinion, unity, solidarity, and teamwork, are not mutually exclusive, and may be counterproductive. Is the unit totally unified and committed to the same goals? Or perhaps just a few bearing down on the rest, not true teamwork, but personal intentiveness for survival?

Integrity

Binge Poster
In my opinion, unity, solidarity, and teamwork, are not mutually exclusive, and may be counterproductive. Is the unit totally unified and committed to the same goals? Or perhaps just a few bearing down on the rest, not true teamwork, but personal intentiveness for survival?

What is the unit you refer?

Is it the local workforce? The regional workforce? The National work force? Global? Union? Non Union?

Please define the unit as described in your reply. Thanks.

The entire workforce would define the unit for the sake of my original post.

Unity of purpose, yes goals.

Solidarity is the level of committment that the workforce unifies to act with conviction on the purpose or goals.

Teamwork results from the 2.

Don't understand the bearing down and intentiveness part of your comment.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Unity is an overly optimistic goal, because everyone thinks they are right, and thinks the other side should change.
You may be surprised that 100% unity is the goal and should be sought knowing that considering our most fallible human condition, we will probably fall somewhat, if not very short of the goal.

That however should not change the goal however optimistic it may seem, seeking it should inspire change in the culture. I have no doubt about it.

What are these sides you are referencing.

The unit I am speaking about is the entire workforce.

I believe the best way to initiate a unity campaign is to start with the issues, principles, standards, things that we already agree on or those that there can be virtually no argument as to what is right.

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who decides what is right?
Already you have destroyed your unity argument by excluding those that don't believe in what you feel is right
There are certain absolute truths in life that no earthly being decides are right. They just are.

Your belief cannot make something that is just true and right, not so.

Ms.PacMan

You may be surprised that 100% unity is the goal and should be sought knowing that considering our most fallible human condition, we will probably fall somewhat, if not very short of the goal.

That however should not change the goal however optimistic it may seem, seeking it should inspire change in the culture. I have no doubt about it.

What are these sides you are referencing.

The unit I am speaking about is the entire workforce.

I believe the best way to initiate a unity campaign is to start with the issues, principles, standards, things that we already agree on or those that there can be virtually no argument as to what is right.

First - What is all this hypothetical unity trying to achieve?

10 point

To My Fellow UPS Workers,

The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to possibly bring this issue up to the company as a group.

It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our ownmutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this issue.

Work related issue or question:

Unity, solidarity, and teamwork. In my experience these are areas that need significant improvement.

I believe change begins when unity and solidarity are established and maintained in the workplace. With unity of purpose and solidarity in conviction, teamwork can thrive.

I believe any workplace can achieve dramatic culture change if it goes through a revolution of unity, solidarity and the resultant teamwork.

How to change?

Where to begin?

What are your thoughts, opinion, and ideas about this?

Do you want change?

If you don't feel comfortable with posting in open forum please feel welcomed to private message me.

I
Easily ól
Not easily done.