"On Topic" Unity+Solidarity=Teamwork =Change

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I noticed hoff-a goes to cap h too. I just want some one for the members. Not the company. He has really done very little. Except give UPS concessions

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes. Great for business. Not for the members you stand in pictures for with a fist. Then say ' I'm working for you ". He forgot who he represents

Has he? Some may argue that he has negotiated contracts that have allowed more of us to be standing in those pictures.

Both you and I have been in a Union healthcare plan since we started. Other than the introduction of low co-pays and manageable deductibles, our coverage has remained unchanged.

3 done 3 to go

Yes, agreed. Health care has been great. Me with 6. I used it a lot. It's about the rest of it. Pensions number 1.Part time, (former casuals) ,over all treatment of members. Has gone downhill. Take aways and giving the company too much power. Will haunt a lot of young guys. It will be real hard for the guys to work 35 yrs. Even to make it to a pension.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yes, agreed. Health care has been great. Me with 6. I used it a lot. It's about the rest of it. Pensions number 1.Part time, (former casuals) ,over all treatment of members. Has gone downhill. Take aways and giving the company too much power. Will haunt a lot of young guys. It will be real hard for the guys to work 35 yrs. Even to make it to a pension.

The job is no longer a 30 year one.

The company did their part in regard to the pension.

The union dropped the ball by not making the tough decisions when they needed to be made.

3 done 3 to go

The job is no longer a 30 year one.

The company did their part in regard to the pension.

The union dropped the ball by not making the tough decisions when they needed to be made.

That is the reason. H &H need to go. The pension is the reason many of us came to UPS. I still feel we aren't seeing the last with the pensions. I feel if your company stopped contributing. You'd be the ones who would immediately see the cuts. Not get pensions for yrs off other companies contributions. That was completely wrong.

For me. Seems each time I am a yr or 2 for a new goal. It gets moves about 5yrs further. To achieve it. That's is my gripe. That sums up my whole UPS career

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I have to assume that you are making other arrangements financially for your retirement.

I know with 6 kids that is not easy; heck, we had just 2 and it was hard to set aside money.

3 done 3 to go

Hope to make bank with selling my house. Doing well with stocks so far. Unfortunately never was able to do 401k.

I want to get a big RV an drive the country. As long as I can. Get out of Ny for one. I do like to drive. Weird

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rent one before you buy. Take it out for a week to see if this is something that you and your family like to do. Much cheaper than buying one and watching it sit in your driveway. You should be able to get a very nice slightly used one fairly cheaply.

I like going to the RV shows and wondering just what I would buy if I had $180K just lying around.

I also like to drive. Last Sunday morning I was bored so I went for a ride up to Lake Placid, which is about an hour away, just to get out of the house.