"On Topic" Unity+Solidarity=Teamwork =Change

El Correcto

god is dead
I didn't forget to mention it. I said I could site other examples but it could be construed as being off topic.
My point before you took it off topic with childish responses was that are no absolute truths that EVERY person subscribes to . Therefore total unity can not be obtained
but we all need food air and water.

Integrity

Binge Poster
The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Being content ain't so bad.

Which is....?

Solidarity between management and union employees is counter intuitive.

Are you content?

Vast.

On the surface it may seem so but there is an area where labor and management are in complete agreement.

In fact all 444,000 employees should be in complete agreement in this same area.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Awesome post!

The last sentence a big amen to that!

American history reveals that even in light of the fact that the end of this civilization for an eternal civilization is imminent, there have been periods of revolutionary change and revival during our brief history.

Unity of purpose, solidarity of action and the resultant teamwork has led to great change.

This can work for unhappy, disatified workforce.

Sometimes great times of change start with one person with a vision to cast on a dissatisfied, oppressed people.

You never know.
I've been waiting for the holy roller side to come back out. ;)

Integrity

Binge Poster
I've been waiting for the holy roller side to come back out. ;)
You don't have to be this way. I was only responding to a well thought out post.

You can try contributing in a similar fashion, I think you really could be a strong contributor.

Trying to distract or be mocking is not a kind way to interact on the BC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Neither is condescension or pulpit bullying.
Not sure of what you mean, but I try to be kind even when discussing difficult topics.

Please forgive me if I have showed you any unkindness.

You are welcomed now to contribute to the topic, instead of just throwing your opinion in on my response to a post that was arguably meant to be distracting or mocking.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Change seems to be the natural progression. "Things change" is a universal realism that cannot be repudiated. This flow of energy is a constant, however, how this affects unity or solidarity is not interminable, that is sub-units within, each with their own personal agendas, carve continuously a natural transmutation.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Change seems to be the natural progression. "Things change" is a universal realism that cannot be repudiated. This flow of energy is a constant, however, how this affects unity or solidarity is not interminable, that is sub-units within, each with their own personal agendas, carve continuously a natural transmutation.
The key is not how this affects unity or solidarity, but how striving for unity and solidarity will produce teamwork that will produce change.

The natural transmutation of the human species tends toward wrong or evil.

Common cause and joint action are often, but not always, directed towards the good.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The key is not how this affects unity or solidarity, but how striving for unity and solidarity will produce teamwork that will produce change.

Common cause and joint action are often, but not always, directed towards the good.
I thought we told you to go drink bleach!!!!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

I would like to interject a quote from the late President Woodrow Wilson into this conversation, which may or may not, illuminate some flaws in this thesis:

"There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed".

"Work", and "Common Good", in a capitalistic sense is an oxymoron, however, in Unionism terms, is quite applicable.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Explain, You get ten people in a room, hard pressed to find anything that all 10 people believe in, let alone a couple hundred thousand.

This is like trying to schedule a meeting of those same ten people by trying to accommodate everyone's schedules----doesn't work. Pick a date and let them adjust their own schedules accordingly.

Integrity

Binge Poster
See, can't even have a unified front on that.
See, can't even have a unified front on that.
Unity cannot be established by snapping a finger or just engaging in discussion.

When 2 or more are in full agreement on something the unity is established on that something those 2 or more are now unified on that something.

This allows for unity and diversity to coexist.

Change can start when the 2 or more profess their unity on that something. This unified group can now move as one regard that something, whatever that something is.

Are you in agreement about anything that you might be willing to profess your agreement about?

There is a something that the entire workforce should be able to be in complete agreement, unity about.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
You don't have to be this way. I was only responding to a well thought out post.

You can try contributing in a similar fashion, I think you really could be a strong contributor.

Trying to distract or be mocking is not a kind way to interact on the BC.
I'm really not worried about being kind. I'm more interested in the truth.

upschuck

When 2 or more are in full agreement on something the unity is established on that something those 2 or more are now unified on that something.
And that is 2 like minded people on 1 subject. There is a lot more issues than 1, and a lot more people than 2 in this union.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And that is 2 like minded people on 1 subject. There is a lot more issues than 1, and a lot more people than 2 in this union.
I can't argue long standing big business and big union will have a lot of issues,true.

But unity begins to be established when 2 or more unite(completely agree) on one thing.

It is the "How to eat an elephant approach.-One bite at a time.

One person must take the first step to unite(completely agree) on one thing to establish unity on that one thing.

Then solidarity can then start.