DeepSpace

Good morning!

I've been working at UPS for a full week now and I've just seen my first "real" paystub (orientation not included). I worked almost 25 hours (24hr 59 min) last week and only got paid for 20.34, both regular and overtime included. I have proof of this discrepancy but I'm wondering why this is the case. I clocked in and out on time. Is it because I'm working part time? If it was a few minutes I'd be willing to let it go but this is over 4 and a half hours unaccounted for. What are my options? I'm already planning to call HR asap.

trickpony1

Become accustomed to this.
This is a common practice and has gone on for many years.
HR and your sup will claim it's a "human error" knowing, full well, that if you hadn't caught it, it's money in their pocket.

Write down your start time, finish time and any "off the clock" breaks you take.

Once they figure out that you are watching, it might straighten out.....for a while.

DeepSpace

Become accustomed to this.
This is a common practice and has gone on for many years.
HR and your sup will claim it's a "human error" knowing, full well, that if you hadn't caught it, it's money in their pocket.

Write down your start time, finish time and any "off the clock" breaks you take.

Once they figure out that you are watching, it might straighten out.....for a while.

Oh great. At my other job when this happens, they add it on to the next week's paycheck. I'll quit as soon as I can if this keeps happening.

trickpony1

At a hub I took loads to....a PT'er told me the supe would take any OT worked last week and add it, as straight time, to this weeks check.

That PT supe has since been promoted to FT supe.

You have to watch these people. They are liars and thieves.

DeepSpace

At a hub I took loads to....a PT'er told me the supe would take any OT worked last week and add it, as straight time, to this weeks check.

That PT supe has since been promoted to FT supe.

You have to watch these people. They are liars and thieves.

Don't I know it...my sup is a total bitch. Started a couple of weeks ago and expects perfection. Loses her temper quick too.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Good morning!

I've been working at UPS for a full week now and I've just seen my first "real" paystub (orientation not included). I worked almost 25 hours (24hr 59 min) last week and only got paid for 20.34, both regular and overtime included. I have proof of this discrepancy but I'm wondering why this is the case. I clocked in and out on time. Is it because I'm working part time? If it was a few minutes I'd be willing to let it go but this is over 4 and a half hours unaccounted for. What are my options? I'm already planning to call HR asap.

You can keep track of your hours on UPSERS.com. Under tools and time card viewer. If they short you after you reach senority contact the union because there could be penalty pay involved.....

DeepSpace

on upsers.com you can check your timecard. Tell your supervisor which days are incorrect.
You can keep track of your hours on UPSERS.com. Under tools and time card viewer. If they short you after you reach senority contact the union because there could be penalty pay involved.....

Ok, thanks for the info!

Looking through the timecards online, I see that they did not pay me for the 28th, when I was definitely there. Otherwise everything adds up correctly according to the paycheck. Luckily last Friday I took a picture of my punch out summary before leaving so they can't deny my hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20170901_083137.jpg
    IMG_20170901_083137.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 549

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Attorney Generals office can get action fast. Time for these time shortages to stop. They should short dues every-time something goes wrong, then watch how fast the union stops this!

Any lawyers out there looking for a nice class action case? Here you go! This is happening all the time.

DeepSpace

The Attorney Generals office can get action fast. Time for these time shortages to stop.

Any lawyers out there looking for a nice class action case? Here you go! This is happening all the time.

Bruh I'm not trying to go to court, I just want my 4hr and 38min paid for. Hopefully that's not too much to ask.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Bruh I'm not trying to go to court, I just want my 4hr and 38min paid for. Hopefully that's not too much to ask.
Yea but this is going on all the time. Five minutes here, 15 there, it really adds up. The sups are doing it to save their numbers. They are stealing, plain and simple. No different than robbing a store.

MzTeaze

Good morning!

In my hub, for orientation week, you got paid for 16 hours for "training" and whatever hours you worked on Thursday, the first day you actually scanned on to your assignment.

Even if you were there longer during training hours on Sunday to Wednesday.

Every night you scan in, either write down your hours or take a picture IF you are fast enough.

hehe xd

In my hub, for orientation week, you got paid for 16 hours for "training" and whatever hours you worked on Thursday, the first day you actually scanned on to your assignment.

Even if you were there longer during training hours on Sunday to Wednesday.

Every night you scan in, either write down your hours or take a picture IF you are fast enough.
yep my paycheck was only $180, $150 after taxes from orientiation week lol

MzTeaze

For some reason, I can't see my time card viewer. Is that an issue to take up with HR? or at my local hub?