klyde

I want to eventually become a Ups package delivery driver. I've worked a couple seasons with UPS as a driver helper. I'm aware that you would typically have to start at an entry level position to work your way up to driver. I'm currently part of a different trades union but I am thinking of joining UPS. Will me being in a different union get in the way of joining ups etc? thanks

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Are you local 3? Stay there. Teamsters is getting weaker by the day...if you wanna work til 10pm every night then apply here. You’ll make more in your union too.

klyde

Are you local 3? Stay there. Teamsters is getting weaker by the day...if you wanna work til 10pm every night then apply here. You’ll make more in your union too.
yes i'm local 3. like i said the operators is good, but sometimes up to 6 months of time off due to weather & traveling 3 hours or more from home unpaid. UPS has always been an option but i am aware it's a grind as well

CoolStoryBro

I was in a similar spot when I was in my early 20's. I wanted to be an operator. But the travel was a killer. Hated it. I moved on and eventually found UPS. I'm way happier.

klyde

Dont all trades in California have to travel? I know a plumber and a welder and both are never home because there isnt alot of work
there's a lot of work these companies make people travel hours away when there's work in their backyard. makes no sense everybody complains about that :censored2:.