Peak 2013 Disaster

TUT

Why're you telling him what to do?
Just observation, correct me if I'm wrong.

Why does he constantly tell people what to do? And why aren't you doing it? If you listened to him you would either be fired or have a union. Sounds like several of you would be much happier with either end of that spectrum. One, the end of agony. Two the start of rebuilding your careers at Fedex. But you still have too much fear within, you complain, but lack the integrity to make the moves needed. Isn't that the biggest question for every unsatisfied worker, Express or not? Sitting around complaining really has never gotten anything done, see your kids when you ask them to do something and they don't do it and they just complain... That's exactly what I'm talking about. Those you curse at, they are betting on this behavior.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Really I hope you all do find a place of peace with your lives and jobs. And remember Fedex isn't a sentence it's a choice. They employee .000008% of the worlds workforce, so there are other opportunities out there if this doesn't fit you. There is no reason to live your life as a vendetta, you owe it to yourself to find something better.

dezguy

...or you could do the right thing and take care of the customer...

Let me tell you what taking care of the customer got me. Last year I took out 30 more stops than I was supposed to take out because I wanted to "take care of my customers." I was promised, if I did extra work it would not change my numbers or my route expectations. Come January, my route numbers were way up. Why? Because I did extra work in December "taking care of my customers."

It has taken almost a full calender year to get my numbers back to where they were, all because I decided to "take care of the customer." No more, that boat has sailed and I won't be putting myself into that position again this year or ever again.

SmithBarney

Let me tell you what taking care of the customer got me. Last year I took out 30 more stops than I was supposed to take out because I wanted to "take care of my customers." I was promised, if I did extra work it would not change my numbers or my route expectations. Come January, my route numbers were way up. Why? Because I did extra work in December "taking care of my customers."

It has taken almost a full calender year to get my numbers back to where they were, all because I decided to "take care of the customer." No more, that boat has sailed and I won't be putting myself into that position again this year or ever again.

Did changing your numbers affect how much you are paid? NOPE, the numbers don't mean anything anymore. don't sweat it.

dezguy

Did changing your numbers affect how much you are paid? NOPE, the numbers don't mean anything anymore. don't sweat it.

Yes it did because it effected my review. I got a lower review score because I was working at what should have been my normal pace and not meeting my SPH. Because of that, instead of getting a 6.6 or better I got a 6.3, earning me a lower raise.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Yes it did because it effected my review. I got a lower review score because I was working at what should have been my normal pace and not meeting my SPH. Because of that, instead of getting a 6.6 or better I got a 6.3, earning me a lower raise.
reviews don't matter for squat anymore - at least at my location...haven't for a few years now. A '7' nets me the same pathetic raise as a '4'. So there's truly no point at all in trying to be a hero

dezguy

reviews don't matter for squat anymore - at least at my location...haven't for a few years now. A '7' nets me the same pathetic raise as a '4'. So there's truly no point at all in trying to be a hero

They still matter up here. .1% can mean the difference between a 1.25% raise or a .75% raise. I do just enough to make sure I get that magical 6.6% so I can get the top raise but being a nice guy and looking out for FedEx's customers, last year got me a 6.3 which put me at a .75% increase instead of the 1.25% I should have gotten.

SmithBarney

Well then if you are in Canada I presume, then if you have reviews then the Numbers might mean something. Numbers changing in the US side of operations are usually an average of the last 6 mo on a route, so one or two days blowing it up shouldn't change things.
Then again how they calculate some numbers is a mystery.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Why does he constantly tell people what to do? And why aren't you doing it? If you listened to him you would either be fired or have a union. Sounds like several of you would be much happier with either end of that spectrum. One, the end of agony. Two the start of rebuilding your careers at Fedex. But you still have too much fear within, you complain, but lack the integrity to make the moves needed. Isn't that the biggest question for every unsatisfied worker, Express or not? Sitting around complaining really has never gotten anything done, see your kids when you ask them to do something and they don't do it and they just complain... That's exactly what I'm talking about. Those you curse at, they are betting on this behavior.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! Really I hope you all do find a place of peace with your lives and jobs. And remember Fedex isn't a sentence it's a choice. They employee .000008% of the worlds workforce, so there are other opportunities out there if this doesn't fit you. There is no reason to live your life as a vendetta, you owe it to yourself to find something better.
I'm fine with my job at UPS, only because of the union.

MrFedEx has been around FedEx much longer than BBSAM, I am assuming...plus he's on the professional"" side, rather than the "picking up trash on side of highway" Ground side. My only point is that there is ( though I would question whether it's right or not ) a definite "class" advantage there. Should bbsam be so critical of MrFedEx's critiques, flinging mud from that scab knock-off division?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That "scab knock-off division" that you speak so derisively of will soon be the breadwinner and Express will become a part-time opco.

This is already true. Ground provides the income and Express lives on the crumbs. One of the reasons Express employees are so bitter is that we endured low or no raises for years while Express was extremely profitable. Express management gutted our pension, created 20+ year top-outs and lied repeatedly, all the while using Express profits to build the Ground network. No union=a screwing.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
what you "endured" had been the norm at Ground. Our turn now.

We shall see. At Express, it's gotten bad enough where management is jumping ship...as I predicted. So now, it's also a "revolving door" for management. I know of 3 step-downs and a couple of resignations in just my district during the last few weeks. What does that say about Express? Please remember this is in-addition to the mass exodus of couriers. Just who is going to deliver all the freight? Peak will be really bad, and Ground will continue to grow, but watch for changes in the future bbsam. Fred isn't going to allow you to enjoy your current profit margins. Those belong to him, not you. Be assured that he will be tweaking the model to his advantage as soon as possible.

fredup

We shall see. At Express, it's gotten bad enough where management is jumping ship...as I predicted. So now, it's also a "revolving door" for management. I know of 3 step-downs and a couple of resignations in just my district during the last few weeks. What does that say about Express? Please remember this is in-addition to the mass exodus of couriers. Just who is going to deliver all the freight? Peak will be really bad, and Ground will continue to grow, but watch for changes in the future bbsam. Fred isn't going to allow you to enjoy your current profit margins. Those belong to him, not you. Be assured that he will be tweaking the model to his advantage as soon as possible.
nineteen years of FedEx corporate abuse, crappy raises, crappy benefits, and kissing customer ass makes anyone bitter. I don't know about anyone else, but I bust my behind to punch out so I don't get used more. If I could retire I would today, as I myself am tired of being Smiths pawn. Also my favorite part of Castaway is watching that plane go down with all those cans in it. :angry:

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
When your company treats you like garbage, customer service goes away. I know you cannot possibly understand this, but cut your wage in half, start charging yourself $400 per month for benefits, and eliminate your retirement plan. Then, go out there and "take care of the customer" and "do the right thing". Is any of this sinking in?

No, it is not sinking in. It isn't sinking in because people who are being treated like garbage by their employer don't stick around and take it. They would leave and find something better, which wouldn't be hard to do.

I know it's a waste of time to ask, but if you're so capable, qualified, and deserving of a job with a company that treats you better, why are you still at Express?

MAKAVELI

No, it is not sinking in. It isn't sinking in because people who are being treated like garbage by their employer don't stick around and take it. They would leave and find something better, which wouldn't be hard to do.

I know it's a waste of time to ask, but if you're so capable, qualified, and deserving of a job with a company that treats you better, why are you still at Express?
It will sink in by Christmas eve. But I suspect at that time we won't hear a word from you.

59 Dano

It will sink in by Christmas eve. But I suspect at that time we won't hear a word from you.

Considering that I don't spend much time here anyway, I probably won't be spending time here on Christmas Eve, either. Here's my prediction: the usual suspects will be complaining about the stuff they've been complaining about for the 5 years I've been reading this forum. They will complain about how awful the pay is, how awful the benefits are, and how awful the company is, and you'll keep coming back for more instead of growing a pair and doing something about it.

Just like you've been doing for the past 5 years.

How do I know it's not as bad as you say? No one, and I mean no one, would put up with it if unless Express was the very best job that they could possibly get. What does that mean? It means you hate the one company that values you more than any other company.

MAKAVELI

Considering that I don't spend much time here anyway, I probably won't be spending time here on Christmas Eve, either. Here's my prediction: the usual suspects will be complaining about the stuff they've been complaining about for the 5 years I've been reading this forum. They will complain about how awful the pay is, how awful the benefits are, and how awful the company is, and you'll keep coming back for more instead of growing a pair and doing something about it.

Just like you've been doing for the past 5 years.

How do I know it's not as bad as you say? No one, and I mean no one, would put up with it if unless Express was the very best job that they could possibly get. What does that mean? It means you hate the one company that values you more than any other company.
FedEx values it's stock price and nothing else. It means Fred S and his shills do not value it's workers that are the backbone of the company.

59 Dano

FedEx values it's stock price and nothing else. It means Fred S and his shills do not value it's workers that are the backbone of the company.

Why are you still doing his bidding if there are better companies to work for and you don't like working at Express?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I told you why, lackey. My moral compass guides me to assist the lost. Your moral compass doesn't work at all. How does it feel to be a paid liar for FedEx?