Ghost in the Darkness

Ran it under 8 on Monday. Idiots had us work Saturday, got 6 hrs OT then guaranteed 8 Monday. I really could have run it all together Monday in 9 or 10 hrs to their benefit. UPS loves those shiny pennies, even if it means walking over $100 bills to get them.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ran it under 8 on Monday. Idiots had us work Saturday, got 6 hrs OT then guaranteed 8 Monday. I really could have run it all together Monday in 9 or 10 hrs to their benefit. UPS loves those shiny pennies, even if it means walking over $100 bills to get them.

We also worked this past Saturday with work that was advanced from Tuesday. We had a 4 hour guarantee with a 5 hour curfew. Monday was a bit easier but they did advance 4 loads (3 made it---1 was sent to Buffalo by mistake). Tuesday was our Peak Day----22K pkgs, 10K stops---while yesterday was about 2K pkgs lighter. Today will be a bit lighter and tomorrow much lighter. We are running an air operation only on Saturday, although our loaders are coming in to run a full preload so that they will not have to come in Tuesday morning.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
We also worked this past Saturday with work that was advanced from Tuesday. We had a 4 hour guarantee with a 5 hour curfew. Monday was a bit easier but they did advance 4 loads (3 made it---1 was sent to Buffalo by mistake). Tuesday was our Peak Day----22K pkgs, 10K stops---while yesterday was about 2K pkgs lighter. Today will be a bit lighter and tomorrow much lighter. We are running an air operation only on Saturday, although our loaders are coming in to run a full preload so that they will not have to come in Tuesday morning.
5 hour curfew?

You shouldn't Show up unless they guarantee 8.

Thanks for weakening the Union for your Union Brothers.

542thruNthru

His supplement only guarantees 4 on Saturday. Union was already weak and will continue to weaken.

His union may be weak but mine isn't. 4 hour guarantee is a joke. Luckily here we dont have to worry about it. My local told them straight up. They don't have to come in Saturday unless they are T-S. Had 3 guys demand 8. Our center manager said they will have to sweep trucks or clean the restrooms. When they all said ok he got upset and just sent them home with guaranteed pay.

What'dyabringmetoday???

His union may be weak but mine isn't. 4 hour guarantee is a joke. Luckily here we dont have to worry about it. My local told them straight up. They don't have to come in Saturday unless they are T-S. Had 3 guys demand 8. Our center manager said they will have to sweep trucks or clean the restrooms. When they all said ok he got upset and just sent them home with guaranteed pay.
A lot of different supplements out there...

Ghost in the Darkness

Yeah ours is only 4hr guarantee on Saturdays and Sundays too. At the moment we are scheduled to work this Saturday too but it looks like its Tuesdays volume and Sat air we are delivering which makes no sense. Certainly don't need full staffing for that. Center manager is probably afraid with 5 drivers on vacation next week. So pay full time drivers OT for Saturday so they can cut routes on Tuesday... makes no sense.

Never Again!

I'm working out of the Fort Worth Independence Hub as a seasonal delivery helper. HR orientation
stated we will get OT after 5 hours + per day. My check varies Total hours on one: 41.76, states regular hours 36.42 and OT 5.34 shouldn't I have 11.76 OT? How do they figure the OT? Also each of my "Green Time sheet the driver gives me, the time I write is not the time on UPS Time viewer. What can I do to have both corrected?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I'm working out of the Fort Worth Independence Hub as a seasonal delivery helper. HR orientation
stated we will get OT after 5 hours + per day. My check varies Total hours on one: 41.76, states regular hours 36.42 and OT 5.34 shouldn't I have 11.76 OT? How do they figure the OT? Also each of my "Green Time sheet the driver gives me, the time I write is not the time on UPS Time viewer. What can I do to have both corrected?
Ot after 8 hrs for driver helpers

6th punch= 8 hrs @ 1 1/2
Whether 8 hrs worked or not.
That is what we got

Same here. I was told last Saturday most everyone left after 4-5h and got their 8. Lowest seniority drivers stayed and helped clean cars, wash cars, condense budget trucks, sweep the parking lot, and do 9-in-1's and sure post bags etc until 8h hit and they were let go.