My demands:
  • $15.75/hr
  • Guaranteed 25 hours a week
  • Paid lunch
  • Full benefits after 3 months of employment

I'd take $17.50/hour, 30 hours, and seniority for it but nothing less. In my state that's only 5 bucks more than what most regular employers give.

Pretty much just swapping my preload shift for a better job doesn't sound too bad.

Doesn't sound bad as a transitional job, either. Instead of throwing things on automated belts for 5 years and going out driving as a greenhorn, people can garner basic field experience. It will help boost confidence and produce drivers familiar with how it works.

Mostly the reason why I always thought it foolish they couldn't send a union employee out but they'll send non union strangers entrusted with people's property, essentially for 17.50-20 depending on what bonuses they pay you.

We got 200 retention up front, 250 a week, and 1k when it ended in Jan. I don't even clear 250 a week unless I'm on OT and my best checks have barely broken 300.

I'd take $17.50/hour, 30 hours, and seniority for it but nothing less. In my state that's only 5 bucks more than what most regular employers give.

Pretty much just swapping my preload shift for a better job doesn't sound too bad.

Doesn't sound bad as a transitional job, either. Instead of throwing things on automated belts for 5 years and going out driving as a greenhorn, people can garner basic field experience. It will help boost confidence and produce drivers familiar with how it works.

Mostly the reason why I always thought it foolish they couldn't send a union employee out but they'll send non union strangers entrusted with people's property, essentially for 17.50-20 depending on what bonuses they pay you.

We got 200 retention up front, 250 a week, and 1k when it ended in Jan. I don't even clear 250 a week unless I'm on OT and my best checks have barely broken 300.
When I started working preload in 1977 we were paid about$.50/hr less then drivers after 90 days. Why not bring back the good old days.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I don't mind being a drivers bitch if im getting $15 an hour at 19 years old lol
it wont be a full time postion, was asked for last contract, union turned it down. Obvious reasons I suppose. However i vote no every contract and twice last contract.

hehe xd

Sucks for you. Did you factor in bonuses, retention pay and attendance pay?
4 hours a day, 6 at most. Driver had to take me back to the pick up spot so they don't have to pay me for working 10 hour days. No bonuses except cookies and cash from the customers

That would also take away higher paying driver jobs.

No thanks.