Ghost in the Darkness

Having helpers isn't the problem, its management that has no clue what they are doing that is the problem. UPS management is like politics and politicians, some go in with honest intentions to fix things but it doesn't take long for them to become part of the problem.

Dhydratd

I friend* hate the six weeks every year that I have to use a helper! If they tell me I got to use a helper for the entire year then I'll just go ahead and turn in my papers now.

Dr.Brownz

I heard that 3 years ago Seattle and Portland were both using helpers year round and paying them top wage (seriously, no lies). Insanity.

A helper could make sense for a dense route or a mall though. It will be used to reduce driver positions though so the union will say no.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
I friend* hate the six weeks every year that I have to use a helper! If they tell me I got to use a helper for the entire year then I'll just go ahead and turn in my papers now.

Can you imagine how bad it would suck digging for packages all day in the summer heat? When I delivered in the summer I enjoyed walking so I could cool off a bit after digging for packages.