Plant Engineering Employee Discussion Thread “On Topic”

Integrity

Binge Poster
I ran into a Maintenance Mechanic and he was sharing with me about how little integrity existed in the PE Department.

I noticed the Plant Engineering employees really don’t get much chatter on the BC.

I am creating this thread so over time the Maintenance Employee’s might find this thread as a place to come to discuss issues specific to their work and experiences at UPS.

The PE Mechanic I was speaking with was talking about very poor company training and PMI practices that lack integrity.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I ran into a Maintenance Mechanic and he was sharing with me about how little integrity existed in the PE Department.

I noticed the Plant Engineering employees really don’t get much chatter on the BC.

I am creating this thread so over time the Maintenance Employee’s might find this thread as a place to come to discuss issues specific to their work and experiences at UPS.

The PE Mechanic I was speaking with was talking about very poor company training and PMI practices that lack integrity.
I agree this is very serious

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ran into the maintenance mechanic again last night.

I had to ask him if he ever heard the details as to what happened to that guy that was killed in Kentucky last fall.

He said no and he also said that they were given a hard time when they sought more information.

I asked him if he felt like they were entitled to know the general details of what happened.

He said absolutely.

I tend to agree with him.

You?

542thruNthru

I had to ask him if he ever heard the details as to what happened to that guy that was killed in Kentucky last fall.

He said no and he also said that they were given a hard time when they sought more information.

I asked him if he felt like they were entitled to know the general details of what happened.

He said absolutely.

You?

Thanks for the information.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Excessive heat has been a hot topic recently on the BC.

I was talking with a PE Mechanic and he said the uniforms they are required to wear are brutally hot.

He said they were a special heavy type of uniform.

The uniform looked heavy with long sleeves. It was also saturated from sweat.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n

I was talking with a PE Mechanic and he said the uniforms they are required to wear are brutally hot.

Yes, they should be able to wear flip flops and board shorts.

Think for a minute why certain positions such as PE mechanics have to wear certain uniforms. Think on what could their job entail that would require such clothing. Think of how many ways a PE could be hurt, depending on the clothing they are wearing.

Think more, post less.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes, they should be able to wear flip flops and board shorts.

Think for a minute why certain positions such as PE mechanics have to wear certain uniforms. Think on what could their job entail that would require such clothing. Think of how many ways a PE could be hurt, depending on the clothing they are wearing.

Think more, post less.

It was the maintenance guys concern, not mine.

He said the heavy uniforms were only necessary for when they were doing some live electrical work.

He said they infrequently do live electrical work and that they could simply put the shirt on when they are donning other PPE that is also required.

That’s all.

Poop Head

Judge me.

He said absolutely.

You?
I think you posted the link to the osha report a while ago. Pretty horrific to imagine.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!

They are considered PPE.
Part of doing the job.

MG

Integrity

Binge Poster
They dont really do :censored2:. When real :censored2: breaks they call Siemens. They make 46 an hour walk around with a check list and dust sensors.
I disagree. I find this comment to be unfair.

Some maintenance guys have given their lives and limbs while performing their jobs.

I don’t think this happened while they were walking around with a clipboard and dust sensors as you say.

Last edited: