Plant Engineering with Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think Old Bob was given a monthly tool allowance which he spent on beer and fishing tackle.
Some locals do negotiate tool allowances into their contracts.

You would have to check Bob's contract.

That would be a poor choice by Old Bob to spend it that way.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Saving a few cents on the pink soap over the green grit made sense to me. Our automotive shop had the green grit soap, and all the feeder drivers would swing by the shop and wash their hands on the clock before going back to the feeder department to punch out.:laugh:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Saving a few cents on the pink soap over the green grit made sense to me. Our automotive shop had the green grit soap, and all the feeder drivers would swing by the shop and wash their hands on the clock before going back to the feeder department to punch out.:laugh:
I have no problem with employees washing up on the clock.

I agree that having soap with some grit in it available to employees is the right thing to do.

Heavy Package

Plant Engineering at UPS. Oh the discussion must continue on duct tape, grit soap, hammers, Ol' Man Bob, pallet jacks and belt motors. Let's give them some of that Orion money and see what they come up with next.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Plant Engineering at UPS. Oh the discussion must continue on duct tape, grit soap, hammers, Ol' Man Bob, pallet jacks and belt motors. Let's give them some of that Orion money and see what they come up with next.
If you don't care for this discussion then I don't see why you continue to participate.

If your only purpose is to be contrary then please you would be adding to the thread by subtracting yourself from it.

I do like the video that you sent.

UPS shelving standards are ignored in many places.

watdaflock?

Our dog box permanent extension needs awnings. Whenever it rains, our floors get wet, become slippery and unsafe.
Would not be surprised if someone has a serious fall during peak season, especially when the floors become even colder and more slippery.

Where I park in the building is directly across from their shop.

They stage all their skids with parts and supplies in front of my car and I'm not able to get out of the building until they move them

The shop is directly in front of your package car?

While you may have integrity, you're lacking attentive skills.

LMAO. People talking about broken cabinets, duct tape, grit soap, and pallet jacks on this thread like it matters. All the while UPS and others thinking that automation, robots, drones, and hyperloops are going to take over the world and end package delivery and make everything so much better.

LMAO People talking about automation, robots, drones and hyperloops, as if their career at UPS will be affected by any of these.

Last edited:

Dr.Brownz

If I had to guess it's all about making it look like you are spending alot of money without actually spending it or some such scam that PE management might engage in. Either that or just not spending any money ever and pretending every thing is up to standard

Daf

My Fellow UPS Workers,
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at
UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole
purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with
other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this
issue up to the company as a group.
It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our
own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for
the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this
issue.

I was in a smaller facility recently and I saw one of the maintenance guys standing by a couple of beat up old cabinets.

I asked him if he could show me where the maintenance shop was and he stated " your looking at it."

The building was very dirty, dusty and generally unkempt.

I spoke with him for a few minutes while he was working and he spoke of many serious issues within the Plant Engineering dept that many working at UPS probably don't even know exist.

He said many of these issues have to do with general and widespread lack of integrity within the PE department.

Does anyone have any similar experience with Plant Engineering at UPS?
Yes!!! Items get written up on decr. Ignored. Written up again and ignored. Written up again and ignored. PE guy walks back and forth all day doing nothing. Equipment breaks down. Hire someone else to do it. We ask for preventative maintenance. Nope. Wait till it breaks down in the middle of a shift. There is no longer any reason to report defective equipment. It’s completely pointless. Just my opinion.

Daf

My Fellow UPS Workers,
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at
UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole
purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with
other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this
issue up to the company as a group.
It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our
own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for
the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this
issue.

I was in a smaller facility recently and I saw one of the maintenance guys standing by a couple of beat up old cabinets.

I asked him if he could show me where the maintenance shop was and he stated " your looking at it."

The building was very dirty, dusty and generally unkempt.

I spoke with him for a few minutes while he was working and he spoke of many serious issues within the Plant Engineering dept that many working at UPS probably don't even know exist.

He said many of these issues have to do with general and widespread lack of integrity within the PE department.

Does anyone have any similar experience with Plant Engineering at UPS?
PE management is there to save money and come in under budget at the expense of our safety. It’s sad. We need new rollers in some areas. It is over 5 years with no action taken. It is pathetic. Things grinding in the belts and no one will take a look. Same horrible sounds day after day. Need something welded? Duct tape will do. Tear in a conveyor belt? Duct tape will do.