Plant Engineering with Integrity

Integrity

Binge Poster
My Fellow UPS Workers,
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at
UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole
purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with
other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this
issue up to the company as a group.
It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our
own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for
the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this
issue.

I was in a smaller facility recently and I saw one of the maintenance guys standing by a couple of beat up old cabinets.

I asked him if he could show me where the maintenance shop was and he stated " your looking at it."

The building was very dirty, dusty and generally unkempt.

I spoke with him for a few minutes while he was working and he spoke of many serious issues within the Plant Engineering dept that many working at UPS probably don't even know exist.

He said many of these issues have to do with general and widespread lack of integrity within the PE department.

Does anyone have any similar experience with Plant Engineering at UPS?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Guys in our building are professional and courteous. They even help drivers fix broken handtrucks from time to time.
I found the individual that I spoke with professional and courteous as well.

I think you would find out more about the department overall if you ask these courteous and professional "faces of the department" about how their management treats them and how manage to runs the department.

Maybe you would be willing to ask them and then report back here sometime?

I'd appreciate it.

Any maintenance guys on the BC?

Feel free to chime in!

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I love the PE guys. Where I park in the building is directly across from their shop.

They stage all their skids with parts and supplies in front of my car and I'm not able to get out of the building until they move them, as UPS has not trained me in the safe operation of their pallet jacks and tugs.

I figure I make between $750 and $1000 extra in OT per year just because of my AM times.

Long live PE!

Integrity

Binge Poster
I love the PE guys. Where I park in the building is directly across from their shop.

They stage all their skids with parts and supplies in front of my car and I'm not able to get out of the building until they move them, as UPS has not trained me in the safe operation of their pallet jacks and tugs.

I figure I make between $750 and $1000 extra in OT per year just because of my AM times.

Long live PE!
The shop is directly in front of your package car?

Integrity

Binge Poster
That's pretty much what he said.

T
Would like clarification.

I have seen one larger building where junk, well parts, but they are stored like junk, are left in front of the package cars but it is not actually the shop.

If he doesn't clarify soon I will then comment on his/her post.

Future

Victory Ride
My Fellow UPS Workers,
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at
UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole
purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with
other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this
issue up to the company as a group.
It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our
own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for
the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this
issue.

I was in a smaller facility recently and I saw one of the maintenance guys standing by a couple of beat up old cabinets.

I asked him if he could show me where the maintenance shop was and he stated " your looking at it."

The building was very dirty, dusty and generally unkempt.

I spoke with him for a few minutes while he was working and he spoke of many serious issues within the Plant Engineering dept that many working at UPS probably don't even know exist.

He said many of these issues have to do with general and widespread lack of integrity within the PE department.

Does anyone have any similar experience with Plant Engineering at UPS?
My building is pretty well maintained .... I respect the job they do

Integrity

Binge Poster
It's academic.

Let's rephrase the concern.

"Objects in front of parked package cars impeding the egress of said package cars.".

How's that?

T
No concern was mentioned.

Are you concerned?

I will wait for clarification from the person who made the statement.

I don't want to rely on a third party's rephrasing.

Thank you though.

Future

Victory Ride
While on subject ... we need grit soap in the locker rooms ... we had it for years ...then no more .... take take the parcel grud off your hands w out a good soap

Integrity

Binge Poster
My building is pretty well maintained .... I respect the job they do
Do you know a lot about the job they do?

Do you know a lot about what goes on in the Plant Engineering dept?

Can you make an informed comment about the overall integrity that the management operates by and/or adheres to?

Future

Victory Ride
Do you know a lot about the job they do?

Do you know a lot about what goes on in the Plant Engineering dept?

Can you make an informed comment about the overall integrity that the management operates by and/or adheres to?
Over the years .. I have met..some of the individuals that do the job ...they tell me things ... but no ..I am not a authority on the subject

Integrity

Binge Poster
While on subject ... we need grit soap in the locker rooms ... we had it for years ...then no more .... take take the parcel grud off your hands w out a good soap
Do you know why the soap has been changed?

Maybe they simply ran out.

I recently was in a rest room and the green grit soap was in the soap container.