Plant Engineering with Integrity

CentralSup

I'll bite. Last few weeks with PE has been terrible. They recently did some major reconstruction at my building, but ran out of budget about 80% through. So, my office that is shared with other sups is only half painted right now. There are new cabinets, shelves, counter tops, and a plethora of other quality of life stuff just sitting in storage right now. Not exactly a great situation.

A couple of months ago one of our belts got a large rip in it. We called PE to see what to do and the fella's response was "Good luck". That pissed everyone off. Over the next two days the rip got larger and eventually the belt snapped during the preload, which caused as many problems as you can imagine.

Not exactly a good relationship going on here between our building and PE.

rod

Retired 22 years
All we had was Old Bob the mechanic and all he had for tools were a hammer, an adjustable wrench and a roll of duct tape. Our center was always one heartbeat away from a total meltdown.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
So PE management does nothing about this?

They do not.

Are you serious or being sarcastic?

Serious.

Not good.
tenor (1).gif

Integrity

Binge Poster
I'll bite. Last few weeks with PE has been terrible. They recently did some major reconstruction at my building, but ran out of budget about 80% through. So, my office that is shared with other sups is only half painted right now. There are new cabinets, shelves, counter tops, and a plethora of other quality of life stuff just sitting in storage right now. Not exactly a great situation.

A couple of months ago one of our belts got a large rip in it. We called PE to see what to do and the fella's response was "Good luck". That :censored2: everyone off. Over the next two days the rip got larger and eventually the belt snapped during the preload, which caused as many problems as you can imagine.

Not exactly a good relationship going on here between our building and PE.
Wow!

Integrity

Binge Poster
All we had was Old Bob the mechanic and all he had for tools were a hammer, an adjustable wrench and a roll of duct tape. Our center was always one heartbeat away from a total meltdown.
The mechanics should have more tools with them than a hammer, an adjustable wrench, and duct tape.

F

Frankie's Friend

My Fellow UPS Workers,
The purpose of this discussion thread is not to gripe or complain about conditions at
UPS, management, the Union or for that matter anything at all about UPS. The sole
purpose of this discussion thread is to discuss the following work-related issue with
other employees as an initial step in engaging in some concerted activity to bring this
issue up to the company as a group.
It is my hope that by addressing this issue in concert we not only be working for our
own mutual aid, protection and improved working conditions, but we will be working for
the benefit of any and all coworkers that may have been adversely affected by this
issue.

I was in a smaller facility recently and I saw one of the maintenance guys standing by a couple of beat up old cabinets.

I asked him if he could show me where the maintenance shop was and he stated " your looking at it."

The building was very dirty, dusty and generally unkempt.

I spoke with him for a few minutes while he was working and he spoke of many serious issues within the Plant Engineering dept that many working at UPS probably don't even know exist.

He said many of these issues have to do with general and widespread lack of integrity within the PE department.

Does anyone have any similar experience with Plant Engineering at UPS?
Why were you there? Tell the truth with integrity.

Next, if we address this "in concert" we will have to back up from the stage because those EV horns make your ears bleed.
Screenshot_20181013-174302_Google.jpg