Potential employee with questions "on topic"

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Cupcake, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Cupcake

Cupcake New Member

Hi, I don't work for UPS, but I've been thinking about applying for the package handler position. I have some questions first, though. I have Crohn's Disease, so if I need to use the bathroom when it's not break time, is it a big deal? I'm sure not all facilities are set up exactly the same way, but do they generally have several bathrooms around, or is there only one set of bathrooms? What about when there's a snowstorm or icy roads, and it's too dangerous to drive, will they get pissed if I call in? I know that the facility near me doesn't have heat or air conditioning, but what about facilities in places like Arizona, do they have air conditioning? I would greatly appreciate any information, thank you :)

2. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

With all due respect, I have a friend that has Crohn's-------UPS is NOT the place for someone with Crohn's to work.

3. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with the needs of people with Crohn's, but if you gotta go, you gotta go. If they have a problem, just mention OSHA and they usually back off.

Yes. Attendance is a major issue in some buildings, mine included. The only reason I would call in during a snowstorm is because I know everyone else called in and I don't want to get stuck doing their work. In spite of that, I still show up, and so should you.

No. Stay hydrated and adjust your pace based on the conditions.

4. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

Quite the team player.

5. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

Ultimately I'm paid by the hour. I'm not gonna miss out on a day of work because of a little snow.

6. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

You didn't hear this from me, but they make adult daipers now that no one can tell you're wearing them. Untill they fill up.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Most drivers just poo in their trucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Matty_lawn

Matty_lawn Poopin' on the clock

A little snow and a snowstorm are very different

9. km3

km3 Well-Known Member

In your area a little snow might qualify for what we call a storm here, though. I agree. Generally if you just give yourself some time you'll be alright though.

10. cosmo1

cosmo1 Perhaps. Staff Member

I know your area,Matty.

Go get him.

11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

OK, How does Diaper King spell diapers wrong? Must be a set up?

12. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Yea...ah...NO!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  13. Cementups

Cementups Box Monkey

You know you have Crohn's and what triggers it so plan accordingly with your food intake so it doesn't affect your work schedule. But if need be and you need to go to the bathroom, no they can not stop you from going to the bathroom if you need to go.