Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That fact that you support and supported the last contract is pathetic. It was filled with concession. You are talking out your read end slugger. FACT
I only supported the last contract so you could have your healthcare take it away from you. Your new healthcare is just like having 4 10’s.

anHOURover

Not as bad as the pounding your “area” took by Hoffa when you went to teamcare.
You keep leaving Sean out ! Sean the Boston bully is also to blame for crappy contract and supplements. **** We all know how close you are with the Boston bully

Last edited by a moderator:

Griffin1820

File! File! File!
Part timers easily deserve a 15 dollar starting wage. If this was truly a part time job it may be different but in my hub its 4.5 to 5 hours everyday with no guarantee youll be off at 9 so you can work another job. I had to do it for 2 years before i went ft making 11 bucks an hour and i wouldve been work almost 10 years before i even hit driver starting wage. If it wasn't for owning my own full time job i never could have done it. 15 starting, or its a failure for our members.

llamainmypocket

My building bumped all preload from 11.25 min wage to 15 starting Monday. This could be a bellwether for things to come nationally.

Just thought you guys would want to know

Delivery!!!

Do you even make $30 an hour?

Your concession 4 days:
$30x40= $1200
A year: $62,400

My 4 days if I took every Friday off:
36x8x4 $1152
OT 54x8 $432
Total $1588
A year: $82,576

My reality:
52 hours a week average:
Last year $108,576

$108,576
-$62,400
—————
$46,176

Lmfao!!! You need a loan? Ramen only costs $1 for 5 packs. I’ll keep eating shrimp, steak and lobster! I can buy and sell your whole family. Yeah, keep telling us how 4 10’s are not a concession. FACT
I don't have a dog in this fight as I enjoy the overtime money, but don't need it and would really enjoy a 4 day work week. Either is good. But your math is leaving out the company's contribution to our health and pension. They would suffer if everyone only worked 32 straight time hours a week.

Moneythehardway

Also if/when they do up the part timers starting pay they need to bump up the tenured part timers with the equivalent amount. The last contract didn't do this, so new hires were making the same amount as part timers who were already working ups over a year or 2 which isn't good for those part timers who have put in years and will be matched by those just starting out.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Also if/when they do up the part timers starting pay they need to bump up the tenured part timers with the equivalent amount. The last contract didn't do this, so new hires were making the same amount as part timers who were already working ups over a year or 2 which isn't good for those part timers who have put in years and will be matched by those just starting out.
i need a 7 dollar raise

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Looks like local 162 is Portland, OR.

I would commend UPS on doing the right thing, but my gut feeling is that UPS is trying to be sneaky somehow.
Maybe portland Oregon is raising the minimum wage to 15.00 an hour like they are doing in Seattle...... many places along the west coast are going for 15.00 an hour....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Looks like local 162 is Portland, OR.

I would commend UPS on doing the right thing, but my gut feeling is that UPS is trying to be sneaky somehow.
Sad when a Union negotiated starting wage is 33% less then that areas minimum wage. Thank you teamsters negotiators. What can we expect this year.
yeah... that sucks....I also know of some areas that have the cities requiring employers to give more sick time if they give the minimum.... at least cities are being proactive!!