Preload Pay - 2018 Contract (On Topic)

anHOURover

I’ll always choose to make as much as possible in the shortest length of time. I drive and work OT, max out 401k and roth, I invest and between me and the wife, we live comfortably. Can’t say I’d eat out 3 times a week and sip Bookers small batch, 2 big vacations, countless weekends away and pretty much anything my children need if I were still part time. UPS is almost a free paycheck. Work and stuff the pillow case if you know what I’m saying.
You will make more with 4 10s
You cannot keep working like a slave
FACT

Gear

Parts on Order
All these crusty full timers on here knocking preloaders. Didn't 90 percent of you start part time and work you way up? There is plenty of drugged out idiot part timers. But a lot of us are decent and trying to work our way full time also. Why are we good ones looked down on?

The worst part is most started when the stating wage between part time and full time was $1 dollar and both receiving benefits after 30 days or whatever. The job they started off with, was way better than the one guys are starting today.

The selfish, pay your dues motto, even though they never paid that due.

anHOURover

I would love 4/10s, 3 days off would be great. Plus I work 0 overtime. No pension contributions after 40, so no reason for me to work over 40.
My thoughts exactly brother. Our other brother up above thinks it’s a concession. This guy voted yes and supported concession since his boy took office.
No more concession!!
I love my 4 10s
FACT

dudebro

?????
Really ????
As much as this company has it's faults, UPS wants employees who want to be here for the long haul.
People who want to be here long term are better employees and respect what a career here can give you.
If you're worried about how much you START at, go somewhere else. We don't want you.
Some college graduates intern (GET PAID NOTHING) to work at the big places with great opportunities.

UPS shouldn't be raising starting pay because Millennials think they deserve 20 bucks/hr to work hard.
I agree, but we started at $8 per hr in 1982. That's $20.45 today.

inflation calendar.JPG

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You will make more with 4 10s
You cannot keep working like a slave
FACT
Do you even make $30 an hour?

Your concession 4 days:
$30x40= $1200
A year: $62,400

My 4 days if I took every Friday off:
36x8x4 $1152
OT 54x8 $432
Total $1588
A year: $82,576

My reality:
52 hours a week average:
Last year $108,576

$108,576
-$62,400
—————
$46,176

Lmfao!!! You need a loan? Ramen only costs $1 for 5 packs. I’ll keep eating shrimp, steak and lobster! I can buy and sell your whole family. Yeah, keep telling us how 4 10’s are not a concession. FACT

km3

I would love 4/10s, 3 days off would be great. Plus I work 0 overtime. No pension contributions after 40, so no reason for me to work over 40.

Careful with that kind of talk. I said I was more likely to sign up to drive if 4 10s were the case before, and the other members didn't seem to care for that.

brown_trousers

Your concession 4 days:
$30x40= $1200

36x8x4 $1152
OT 54x8 $432
Total $1588

My reality:
52 hours a week average:
Last year $108,576

$108,576
-$62,400
—————
$46,176

Lmfao!!! You need a loan? Ramen only costs $1 for 5 packs. I’ll keep eating shrimp, steak and lobster! I can buy and sell your whole family. Yeah, keep telling us how 4 10’s are not a concession. FACT

There are some of us that would value a 3 day weekend over the extra money. Not everyone values money the same way. For some people it would be a concession, but many of us would rather have the time off

anHOURover

Your concession 4 days:
$30x40= $1200

36x8x4 $1152
OT 54x8 $432
Total $1588

My reality:
52 hours a week average:
Last year $108,576

$108,576
-$62,400
—————
$46,176

4 10s are not a concession
Once again I do well in my 3 days off from slaving it for the big brown machine. I don’t need any loan. I have plenty of $. Keep running brother
I can do my job till I’m 80. We may have to because of what your kind has done to our contract and the pension fundS
FACT

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
There are some of us that would value a 3 day weekend over the extra money. Not everyone values money the same way. For some people it would be a concession, but many of us would rather have the time off
The problem comes when people are forced onto four 10s, that would be a concession IMO. That being said, it's not low seniority people getting those runs around here. I'd never want to give up the OT but I understand why some do.

wide load

I understand but in the art of labor, less earning equals a concession.

wide load

4 10s are not a concession
Once again I do well in my 3 days off from slaving it for the big brown machine. I don’t need any loan. I have plenty of $. Keep running brother
I can do my job till I’m 80. We may have to because of what your kind has done to our contract and the pension fundS
FACT
You’ll have to do your job till you’re 80.

wide load

The problem comes when people are forced onto four 10s, that would be a concession IMO. That being said, it's not low seniority people getting those runs around here. I'd never want to give up the OT but I understand why some do.
The problem comes from trying to justify it. When you agree to not get overtime after 8, it’s a concession.

Satuirus2000

It is downright sad and disheartening to actually hear Full timers advocating for a top out pay rate for part timers. Full timers can make 36 an hour after a 4 year progression but a PT would literally have to work 30 plus years to even get near that level. I am fine with that and think thats a fair trade off for having free insurance, so to see FT saying we need a cut off rate is ridiculous.
And then to hear some FT say none of the work in the building deserves over a certain pay amount is also sad to hear. People can say the same about drivers not deserving to make 30 plus an hour for what they do.
I respect what drivers do. I respect what PTimers do. There is no need to try to keep people down and say stuff like they don't deserve or need this or that.

PT Car Washer

It is downright sad and disheartening to actually hear Full timers advocating for a top out pay rate for part timers. Full timers can make 36 an hour after a 4 year progression but a PT would literally have to work 30 plus years to even get near that level. I am fine with that and think thats a fair trade off for having free insurance, so to see FT saying we need a cut off rate is ridiculous.
And then to hear some FT say none of the work in the building deserves over a certain pay amount is also sad to hear. People can say the same about drivers not deserving to make 30 plus an hour for what they do.
I respect what drivers do. I respect what PTimers do. There is no need to try to keep people down and say stuff like they don't deserve or need this or that.
With some people the only way they can feel superior is to make everyone else feel inferior.