Rail strike

Nah
I agree, and they could not replaced them even if they wanted to at least not quickly, and in the current climate good luck, finding anyone who wants to work like that.
It's been my dream to work on the railroad all my life and I wouldn't work like that.

Being on call 24/7 is one thing. Not being able to take time off because you didn't schedule it months ahead of time, not knowing when you'll have just enough time to get an appointment in, not having a reset period after a work week like DOT drivers do, being told to be in at 3...no wait, 5...no wait, 9. Not being able to take emergency leave because your wife or kid is in the hospital.

Who needs it. I may not be at UPS anymore, but I'm still a Teamster (on withdrawal) in good standing with locals 120 and 455. I support our rail brothers.

HFolb23

That’s exactly what he did. He extended it, so the problem would be after the midterms a really rotten thing to do.
It also exposed how greatly unqualified and horrifically bad Pete Buttigieg is at his job saying how he was mostly MIA through the entire process, instead choosing to travel around the country doing other crap not related to his job at all.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It's been my dream to work on the railroad all my life and I wouldn't work like that.

Being on call 24/7 is one thing. Not being able to take time off because you didn't schedule it months ahead of time, not knowing when you'll have just enough time to get an appointment in, not having a reset period after a work week like DOT drivers do, being told to be in at 3...no wait, 5...no wait, 9. Not being able to take emergency leave because your wife or kid is in the hospital.

Who needs it. I may not be at UPS anymore, but I'm still a Teamster (on withdrawal) in good standing with locals 120 and 455. I support our rail brothers.

Remember we all have FMLA...start using it if there is a medical emergency...

Is rail negotiating splitting vacation days similar to UPS...up to 2 weeks for most of us...

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
"As a proud pro-labor President, I am reluctant to override the ratification procedures and the views of those who voted against the agreement," Biden said in a statement. "But in this case — where the economic impact of a shutdown would hurt millions of other working people and families — I believe Congress must use its powers to adopt this deal."

"Congress should get this bill to my desk well in advance of December 9th so we can avoid disruption," he added.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
If Brandon is so pro-labor why doesn't he address the the railroad companies and tell them to bend the knee already instead of trying to get Congress to proxy rape the laborers?

PT Car Washer

"As a proud pro-labor President, I am reluctant to override the ratification procedures and the views of those who voted against the agreement," Biden said in a statement. "But in this case — where the economic impact of a shutdown would hurt millions of other working people and families — I believe Congress must use its powers to adopt this deal."

"Congress should get this bill to my desk well in advance of December 9th so we can avoid disruption," he added.
Thank you Mr. President for showing real leadership.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

What an absolute piece of :censored2:.

100%

Smh. He’ll be asking for their vote in less than 2 years. Most will still vote to be robbed. It’s astonishing!

100%

Can someone tell me if this is the guy Teamsters we’re promoting and sending donations to? I’d like an explanation. I thought this is what trump was gonna do? I’d like you to explain this to me.