Rail strike

Thebrownblob

Biden can’t force them back to work at gunpoint, what’s he gonna do if they refuse to cross their own picket line? That’s essentially what it is if you vote to strike then go back to work on some contract you didn’t approve.

“If you don’t go back to work we are going to throw you in jail!” Okay then lock us up. Doesn’t matter if we we are on the picket line or a jail cell, you still won’t have anyone to move these trains.
It would definitely be a nightmare but he could possibly try to replace them. It would be a disaster for him of course. But it turns out this agreement was not what we were told as far as being what the workers wanted.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they all lose their jobs due to a strike when they were told by the Government to return to work?
The flight controllers were all fired. I don’t know anything about Eastern airlines, flew on them once when I was a kid.

Johney

The flight controllers were all fired. I don’t know anything about Eastern airlines, flew on them once when I was a kid.
Maybe not a strike

On January 18, 1991, Eastern Airlines (EAL) ceased operations. The death of what had once been one of the largest airlines in the free world was brought on by years of labor strife, a high debt load, and an inherently unstable north-south route structure.

Trucker Clock

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't they all lose their jobs due to a strike when they were told by the Government to return to work?

All were fired. The Union was fined and went bankrupt. Clinton reversed the no hire when he was elected and some were rehired eventually. But, most were replaced.

clean hairy

At least Abney was a true company man who rose through the ranks. Carol is some kind of corporate raider who I guarantee does not give an friend about the legacy or the longevity of the company. If she sees an opportunity to gut the company and fly away on her broom, she will.
Fixed?

CHEMA-DELMA

Biden can’t force them back to work at gunpoint, what’s he gonna do if they refuse to cross their own picket line? That’s essentially what it is if you vote to strike then go back to work on some contract you didn’t approve.

“If you don’t go back to work we are going to throw you in jail!” Okay then lock us up. Doesn’t matter if we we are on the picket line or a jail cell, you still won’t have anyone to move these trains.
You get 3 squares if they look you up

UnionStrong

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The union's rejection means that now they're in what's called a "status quo" period that will run until Nov. 19 — five days after Congress is scheduled to come back to Washington. A strike would not come before then. Congress could prohibit a strike and force unions to accept the deal.

UnionStrong

The union's rejection means that now they're in what's called a "status quo" period that will run until Nov. 19 — five days after Congress is scheduled to come back to Washington. A strike would not come before then. Congress could prohibit a strike and force unions to accept the deal.
Good work Joe