Saturday Ground Ceasing, Saturday Air Drivers Coming Back In Some Buildings

Future

Victory Ride
Paying over $1000 a year in union dues, gives us the right not to have Sunday scab drivers.

Maybe management can deliver on Sundays, they like working every chance they get anyways....
Hmmmmmmm .... I can see you in your Sunday best slinging stops .....lmao

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
we're not cutting Sat ground, we're reducing it to (near) the bare minimum commitments we gave our shippers

Sunday hub sorts? absolutely needed
Sunday air delivery? i've heard nothing but i could see this being a possibility
Sunday ground delivery? maybe if we got some cheap scab drivers to do it, otherwise no way

As much as running Saturday might be a loss to the company, taking the volume from FedEx, USPS, Lazership etc.. should be worth the pain.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
I would work my maximum DOT hours for over $70 an hour on Sunday.
Not gonna happen; they use the lower seniority drivers still in progression and on Tuesday-Saturday work week in my area

If they start Sunday operations on the purple side, it's time to move on unless they pay more for doing that day

OrioN

Meh, I don't need to see it... just makes fiscal sense to use the drivers on the bottom of the totem pole, like what USPS is currently doing now for Sunday Amazon deliveries

Meh, I don't need to see it... just makes fiscal sense to use the drivers on the bottom of the totem pole, like what USPS is currently doing now for Sunday Amazon deliveries
Let's give back everything we have gained over the decades. You don't think they will abuse those guys at a lower rate and cut more full time , too pay jobs in Monday?..

Then you are crazy

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
We were told starting June 16 only NDA and Amazon will be delivered on Saturdays. It's still up-in-the-air as to what will be done with the 13 drivers that were hired to work Tuesday-Saturday i.e layoffs,or combo jobs

OrioN

Then you are crazy

U got that right, I'm coo coo for cocoa puffs!

I'm working for a subcontractor at team eggplant... they don't pay for bennies, that cuts into their bottom line.

Just seeing if your teamsters have the gonads to stick together and maintain the UNION force for better than the industry norm of package delivery.

Good luck to the brownie drivers coming in currently and paying UNION dues!

OrioN

Wow, and USPS is operating in the red what seems to be for ever... while UPS rake in the profits for their shareholders

Box Ox

Wow, and USPS is operating in the red what seems to be for ever... while UPS rake in the profits for their shareholders

USPS would be in a much better position if Congress hadn’t saddled them with a mandate to pre-fund retirement benefits for employees who haven’t even been born yet.

lolbr

I get that but shouldn't there be some specifics on why they are seeking an authorization to strike? I understand not posting it publicly on social media but shouldn't there be a secure login where members can view specific proposals and numbers?
We aren't voting to strike. We are voting to have the option to strike. The reason we don't have specifics on why we would be striking is because they don't exist yet. It will just be there if we need to use it in bargaining.

Johney

We aren't voting to strike. We are voting to have the option to strike. The reason we don't have specifics on why we would be striking is because they don't exist yet. It will just be there if we need to use it in bargaining.
Sounds familiar.