Socks and Trucks!

Inthegame

Maybe we all should file a Safety and Health grievance and watch it go down with UPS'S Union panels. Lol!
It was a Safety and Health grievance that went through the panels that got high back seats in Feeders. Maybe you need to push the issue through the process. Did you propose improved seat belts and paid for socks?

Irishman Collins

It was a Safety and Health grievance that went through the panels that got high back seats in Feeders. Maybe you need to push the issue through the process. Did you propose improved seat belts and paid for socks?
Yes, I did, as well as many other Teamsters but saving an " unsustainable" plan took precedence over any issues.

No sir, that is the Era you are stuck in. I am wanting to move to the future with passionate, smart, common sense leaders, not the Union thugs you worship and idolize.
I've never been intimidated by thugs. I grew up around some of the worst. You are scared. I am not. People are jealous. I am not. I'm a teamster to help the members of my local. Protect their right. The things ups has decided be to me make grown men cry. I just figure it out and keep grinding. Some are victims. I'm just not.

10 point

I don't get the socks complaints? I buy black under armor socks and they're great. Nobody walks around looking what socks you wear as long as they're not white.
They told us for years that white and brown were the only colors allowed for socks and t shirts that show.

5habits100

nuff said!
What he meant to say is he has zero experience in negotiating and doesn't realize it's not just 1 pair of socks. And doesn't realize those need to be replaced frequently. He also failed to answer why his boy Carey didn't get those things in the contract. But it's ok because I didn't expect him to.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Hey Wide, I guess you are ok with your Brothers and Sisters driving death traps as well? Well, I guess if you support the current leadership. I already have your answer.
Your blaming the leadership for an OSHA and FMCSA issue with seat belts. Socks and seat belts? Give me cash in my pocket, a 1 cent raise will get you 6 pairs of socks. But nope, you want to give up a bargaining chip for some socks. I bet you wear pants anyway. You already admitted to not knowing much in a negotiation, so don't live in your land of make believe.

5habits100

You are not arguing the contract, like you have no argument against them.
You can't argue with them. They don't understand.
Socks have been proposed to be put into the contract for years. Even when Carey was GP. Everything comes at a cost nothing is free. People need to understand it isn't just one pair of socks for one person one time. It's thousands of pairs for thousands of drivers to be replaced thousands of times. If that is negotiated into the CBA it comes at a cost. What would they be willing to give up? Nothing.
Their old argument and comment is record profits. They also fail to realize 4 billion a year sounds like a lot of money but for a global company in the grand scheme of things it really isn't.
So when you say I have no argument against them I disagree with you. I choose not to argue with them because it's pointless. If they had a clue about negotiations then we could debate. Their goal is only to pound the current administration no matter what.

10 point

How about you, wanna pretend the other half wasn't mentioned?

Do you want to drive one of these 30 year old death traps with your company issued penis sock on?
Hope they're made of nonflamable material.

The company is not going to retrofit a different style seat belt that makes them vulnerable or remotely liable to pay put $ for a death or injury to a driver in a crash. They can hide behind the OEM wall whether it is right or wrong. They don't care.

10 point

You can't argue with them. They don't understand.
Socks have been proposed to be put into the contract for years. Even when Carey was GP. Everything comes at a cost nothing is free. People need to understand it isn't just one pair of socks for one person one time. It's thousands of pairs for thousands of drivers to be replaced thousands of times. If that is negotiated into the CBA it comes at a cost. What would they be willing to give up? Nothing.
Their old argument and comment is record profits. They also fail to realize 4 billion a year sounds like a lot of money but for a global company in the grand scheme of things it really isn't.
So when you say I have no argument against them I disagree with you. I choose not to argue with them because it's pointless. If they had a clue about negotiations then we could debate. Their goal is only to pound the current administration no matter what.
You may be correct but Net profit (as reported by our center manager) before they bought more companies last year was over 9 billion.

10 point

If someone said "You can have this $34/hr job with no cost healthcare if you buy your own socks" I'm sure anyone off the street would say "Screw you! Do you think I'm gullible?"

Forget the sock issue. Work on better ventilation IMO.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hope they're made of nonflamable material.

The company is not going to retrofit a different style seat belt that makes them vulnerable or remotely liable to pay put $ for a death or injury to a driver in a crash. They can hide behind the OEM wall whether it is right or wrong. They don't care.
Yet they will retrofit these old jalopes with keyless ignition?

10 point

Yet they will retrofit these old jalopes with keyless ignition?
That's not a "life safety" retrofit...
although some would disagree since it allegedly caused a runaway sitiation at peak some time back.

The retrofitting of hundreds or thousands of seatbelts would open up a huge can of liability worms and the co isn't going to do it ... even if it's the absolute best safety change they could make happen.
The term OEM is the best line of defense they've got.

10 point

How about this proposal:

Due to the Orion system now forcing drivers to select packages from rear section shelves and causing them to spend more time in the enclosed cargo area of the vehicle in extreme heat we want ample ventilation to protect them from stroke and dehydration.

A solar panel with DC fans inducting fresh air would be a green idea. But it would have to be pushed because management probably couldn't care less.

Irishman Collins

I've never been intimidated by thugs. I grew up around some of the worst. You are scared. I am not. People are jealous. I am not. I'm a teamster to help the members of my local. Protect their right. The things ups has decided be to me make grown men cry. I just figure it out and keep grinding. Some are victims. I'm just not.
Lead, their tactics are thug like. That is what I am referring to. Try not to take everything so personal. We all know the struggles you have gone through, since you keep reminding us every chance you get. It is your blind loyalty that never ceases to amaze me. The current administration has done nothing to strengthen our Union, nothing! Our membership has reached a record low, decertifications are up, pensions are failing and organizing efforts are pathetic but yet you and others fall right in line. Brother it is time for change and we have some room on the reform bus if you would like to join us? Your brothers and Sisters are suffering, we ask that you stand up to the bullies with us and take over this great Union and make it Powerful again. Together, we can bully the employers not the members.