Southern Baptist Convention Throws Out Saddleback Church

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Show me.

I have consistently said I believe what I believe and I don’t believe what I don’t believe, regardless of where it originates in religious tradition.
You’ve literally said that you follow what you believe and don’t follow other things as it relates to scripture. Stop trying to be a revisionist. All of us know what you said.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And if women believe and follow 1 Corinthians 14:35 also? Are you going to tell them they're oppressed?
They are entitled to believe what they want.

But yes, if anyone is attempting to silence women from having equal say and place in any institutional religion then in my opinion they would be victims of oppression.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

But yes, if anyone is attempting to silence women from having equal say and place in any institutional religion then in my opinion they would be victims of oppression.
No women pastors. Jezebels!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
You’ve literally said that you follow what you believe and don’t follow other things as it relates to scripture. Stop trying to be a revisionist. All of us know what you said.
Do you follow things you don’t believe?

How are you different from me?

Thebrownblob

But you said they had to be quiet?

Thebrownblob

Do you follow things you don’t believe?

How are you different from me?
And here’s the difference. I know when I’m wrong and I choose to do it anyway, I am not lost. I am disobedient. Some people because of their own selfish desires, or being led astray Don’t even know the wrong, they are lost.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I don’t pretend to understand everything in the Bible, but I would never presume to think I knew better than what’s in it.
I also don’t pretend to understand everything in the Bible. I also don’t presume to think I know better than what’s in it. I just can’t believe what I don’t believe.

Can you believe what you don’t believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.