Steward conduct

hello guys and gals,
I wanted to ask you all if a steward is held to any higher standard than regular hourly? If they impede you from filing a grievance, then directly after that, participate in getting someone discharged and/or disciplined. Besides being a true POS, is there other liability involved?

I sent all my evidence to an attorney last week and they called to say they wanted to set an appointment up with me tomorrow. Obviously, I’ll get it straight tomorrow for better or worse. Just looking for someone with any knowledge on topic

F

Frankie's Friend

hello guys and gals,
I wanted to ask you all if a steward is held to any higher standard than regular hourly? If they impede you from filing a grievance, then directly after that, participate in getting someone discharged and/or disciplined. Besides being a true POS, is there other liability involved?
Havent we been here before? Maybe like your Weak Local thread or similar? Call your b a and the nlrb. Ask all of them. ULP or FTR chsrges or internal union charges shld apply.

Yes sir. I’ve asked about my weak local. I called them explaining this type of conduct, I was completely blown off. Now I’m discharged because someone fabricated a story on me. I apologize if I am revisiting this to everyone. Please understand I’m currently terminated and I’m just looking for any advice or answers I can get.

Inthegame

Here we go again. You've been given all the advice you need, and your fantasy attorney should have told you already what your next step is.
ULP or FTR chsrges or internal union charges shld apply.
And you're still believe everything this guys writes?

Well, you may be right about the attorney? Maybe not? I have as good of evidence one can have, I promise that much. And I’m not looking for anyone to believe me. I’m aware that I’m asking strangers to take my word on this issue.

What are you discharged for ?

Are you a dues paying member of the Union ?
I am a dues paying member. And although I’m not certain of the exact claim against me, I’m sure it’s fabricated, due to the measures they’ve taken(deputies hired for 2 weeks now) and the fact I was there. I made no threats. Steward began raising his voice to me and I told him to not talk to me that way. He said he’d talk to me however he wanted and I told him to kiss my a—. That’s as crazy as it got. Well as close to threats anyway

They didn't tell you what you were discharged for ?

Did you file a grievance, and have they scheduled a hearing ?
They just said I was terminated at my interview, a week after I was pulled off the road. I have filed a grievance concerning the discharge. I’m very anxious to see exactly what they claim I did later this week. They refused to show evidence at the interview. I think they have to produce it this time

UPeopleSuck

Oh, I was told harassment, unprofessional conduct and WP violence. Just not sure what extreme they went to on those claims

Using profanity which it sounds like they documented isn’t going to help with the unprofessional conduct issue. I’ve heard much, much worse directed at management and nothing came of it. Sounds like they have it out for you, good luck.

Using profanity which it sounds like they documented isn’t going to help with the unprofessional conduct issue. I’ve heard much, much worse directed at management and nothing came of it. Sounds like they have it out for you, good luck.
No doubt about it. I was forthcoming in interview about it. If they fired me for that, they need to shut our building down and call in delta force to guard the premises, because that happens on the hour, every hour. I just don’t know how any man supposed to react facing hostility from another man? He was screaming I was stirring stuff up. Three individuals had to physically remove him from office. He left after ordered to and returned because he apparently wasn’t done. They’ve had it out for me for quite some time

UPeopleSuck

No doubt about it. I was forthcoming in interview about it. If they fired me for that, they need to shut our building down and call in delta force to guard the premises, because that happens on the hour, every hour. I just don’t know how any man supposed to react facing hostility from another man? He was screaming I was stirring stuff up. Three individuals had to physically remove him from office. He left after ordered to and returned because he apparently wasn’t done. They’ve had it out for me for quite some time

We had a driver tell a sup to go get Fd by an AIDS dick... was sent home for unprofessional conduct and came back the next day like nothing happened. From my experience they will overlook many things if you are a favorite of managements. May not even be worth getting your job back (depending on your position) since they’ll find some other technicality eventually to get you on.

We had a driver tell a sup to go get Fd by an AIDS dick... was sent home for unprofessional conduct and came back the next day like nothing happened. From my experience they will overlook many things if you are a favorite of managements. May not even be worth getting your job back (depending on your position) since they’ll find some other technicality eventually to get you on.
Thank you for your input. I would agree with you if this were 8-9 years ago. Knowing what I know now, I’d left loooong ago. But I’ve dealt with this for far too long. Been through hell and back. I intend to fight until the bitter end now. Knowing that I’m innocent and the steward alone, or he conspired with management, took a regular disagreement and went as low as one could go has me motivated to prove my innocence as well

UPeopleSuck

Thank you for your input. I would agree with you if this were 8-9 years ago. Knowing what I know now, I’d left loooong ago. But I’ve dealt with this for far too long. Been through hell and back. I intend to fight until the bitter end now. Knowing that I’m innocent and the steward alone, or he conspired with management, took a regular disagreement and went as low as one could go has me motivated to prove my innocence as well

Yeah if you got that much time in definitely fight it. Who knows with this POS company. Give em hell.