Steward conduct

F

Frankie's Friend

Green? Please elaborate...
Green as in being a new steward. It was supposed to be a joke about letting the corrupt ex-steward fight for himself in a disciplinary meeting if you became the steward and had to "represent" him. If youre new they cant expect you to know how to adequitely represent someone if you get my drift.

F

Frankie's Friend

Dude, you can take notes in the meeting. Ive seen it stress the management out when stewards do that.

Green as in being a new steward. It was supposed to be a joke about letting the corrupt ex-steward fight for himself in a disciplinary meeting if you became the steward and had to "represent" him. If youre new they cant expect you to know how to adequitely represent someone if you get my drift.
Oh....lol. I understand now. That’s is true!!! Judging what just transpired, still in shock, I can’t see me taking that position. Still can’t believe this all transpired

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I returned to work today and it was just business as usual. No discipline for any of the hourly or managerial employees. I honestly didn’t expect differently. I admit it is still amazing that they basically send out a message of support for their attempt with a dog whistle. You can accuse anyone of anything, if you succeed, great. If not, as you were, nice effort. I’m going to go out on a limb and say if I were a POS that done that, got caught, the outcome would be much different. I’ll never know because that’s some grimy s—t

F

Frankie's Friend

It shouldn’t surprise anyone that I returned to work today and it was just business as usual. No discipline for any of the hourly or managerial employees. I honestly didn’t expect differently. I admit it is still amazing that they basically send out a message of support for their attempt with a dog whistle. You can accuse anyone of anything, if you succeed, great. If not, as you were, nice effort. I’m going to go out on a limb and say if I were a POS that done that, got caught, the outcome would be much different. I’ll never know because that’s some grimy s—t
Its a cult. But we can leave anytime, any day.

Thekid25

The answer is, in my experience, the union stewards are held to a lower standard, and only in exceptional cases where a steward is voted in by MEMBERS and despised by management, that the company (and maybe union) may have it out for that steward. Then the local and UPS via corruption will make it happen. Otherwise, UPS and Teamsters de-facto "appointed" reps are very cozy.
I was never “cozy” when I was appointed as a steward before i was full time actually most the stewards in my hub were not elected