Stuck on a mountain

oldngray

nowhere special
New(er) cars have problems too, and are frequently more difficult correct when they do. Dealer also have to work them in if they are still under warranty. The Freightliner guys frequently are stumped by our unique Chevrolet powered machines.
bring back the GMC 292 engines. Those things were underpowered but ran forever.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I remember when the first Workhorses arrived. They were delivered knowing they had a lot of problems. Some bad enough they had to be sent back to the factory.
Endless campaigns. Body kits...Still breaking apart, wiring, exhaust supports, etc. You should see the latest bit of supplemental engineering for the firewall MDC is offering.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
But did you check for registration, insurance card, and fire extinguisher?
Trip permit, accident report form, dvir book, lock cores, hazmat book, telematics entered into autotel, initial inservice, check alignment(always wrong, especially Fords), etc. Should be obvious if it's ready to use. Stuff takes time.

oldngray

nowhere special
Check the oil. When? During your pre trip. Pre what?
They weren't around very long. Short service life I thought.

I do remember when they were swapping those 4.3 V-6's to replace older 292 straight 6's but that seemed to suddenly end. My center still had 292's around long after all the 4.3's were gone.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
They weren't around very long. Short service life I thought.

I do remember when they were swapping those 4.3 V-6's to replace older 292 straight 6's but that seemed to suddenly end. My center still had 292's around long after all the 4.3's were gone.
My center had the 292s all gone long before the 4.3s