Surepost and the next contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I easily deliver 200-300 pkgs a day to the post office. The post office routes are delivering 20-30 packages a day and upwards of 60-70 a day during peak. They are becoming the small package delivery service while we are becoming furniture movers.
Guess we are going back to our roots of moving furniture ... There are pictures of trucks in the 20's and 30's with furniture tied on top of ups vehicles... Maybe someone with more tech savvy can post a pic... In regards to going back in time maybe Casey will come back from the dead and maybe we can start up camp ups again... I'm sure photog remembers that and can fill us in on that experience...

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Pkgs with a PO Box are NOT delivered directly to the PO. They must either be address corrected or RTS'd.
I am seeing these types of packages being delivered to the post office....almost always from qvc and they are regular ground... So you suggest I bring them back to the clerks??

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ironically we are not allowed to deliver packages addressed directly to a P.O. Box.

The revenue on Surepost packages is split based in a negotiated formula.

Pkgs with a PO Box are NOT delivered directly to the PO. They must either be address corrected or RTS'd.

Ironically, on the rural routes I ran, I delivered (to the house) many packages addressed to PO boxes.

Most I knew by the name where the people lived, and those I didn't, I stopped at the rural PO and asked.

Never had a problem.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Do I need to use a crayon?

If the package did not have the physical address of the PO on it our system would not know where to deliver it.
If the city it was going to only had 1 post office you wouldn't have to have the address of the post office... Like I said above I have seen ground pkgs addresses in the following way from qvc: Dave the ups driver po box 66 upstate ny 10110...and that's it there is no physical post office address anywhere on that box...

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If the city it was going to only had 1 post office you wouldn't have to have the address of the post office... Like I said above I have seen ground pkgs addresses in the following way from qvc: Dave the ups driver po box 66 upstate ny 10110...and that's it there is no physical post office address anywhere on that box...
Dave is right. Those packages shouldn't even make it past the spa machines, never mind on your truck for delivery.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
I am seeing these types of packages being delivered to the post office....almost always from qvc and they are regular ground... So you suggest I bring them back to the clerks??
I thought I had heard about an upcoming change in UPS/USPS policy; we would now deliver to, and the PO would accept, pkgs for PO boxes (not surepost).

AKCoverMan

I thought I had heard about an upcoming change in UPS/USPS policy; we would now deliver to, and the PO would accept, pkgs for PO boxes (not surepost).
Yes but it has to be physacally addressed to the Post Office like a UPS Store box holder. I.e.

Bob Smith, 123 Main Street #1234, Clarksville 99909
is fine but..

Bob Smith, PO Box 1234, Clarksville 99909 is no good.
The PO isn't supposed to take that.

I'm sure some rural locations and small non-pas self loading centers know which post office and the stuff gets delivered either to the PO where the box is or directly to the customer.

UPSGUY72

You did the new surepost training say packages with PO box address get delivered to the post office not RTS or address corrected....

AKCoverMan

You did the new surepost training say packages with PO box address get delivered to the post office not RTS or address corrected....
Yeah none of our post offices will take them. And PAS won't Spa them. Here preload routes them to the am clerk who address corrects it to address on file in the system.

By The Book

I think the training was if a sure post pkg had a po box we were to only deliver these pkgs to the post office. The training didn't talk about a non sure post pkg that had a po box address on it. I believe the intent was to not address correct a sure post pkg that has a po box address on it.

barnyard

KTM rider
For those that deliver to the PO, ask them who brings them larger pieces. The rural POs that I deliver to all say that we do.

onewithedd

Ironically we are not allowed to deliver packages addressed directly to a P.O. Box.

The revenue on Surepost packages is split based in a negotiated formula.

Yes I'm well aware of that. The topic is Surepost Surepost has two address on it the one that we use to send to the correct post office and the actual consignee address. What I'm saying is on a Surepost pkg is if the secondary address is a PO Box it should go to post office if it's a physical street address we should deliver it.

If we get a PO box address directly it gets address corrected or post carded

Now on a rare occasion I have received pkgs addressed as follows:

John Doe
General delivery
1234 s 20th st (a post office address)
Your town, ST 99999

My post office will refuse it hands down I sheet these as refused NSP

Now here's a fun filled fact I've experienced. If I have a misloaded bag of Surepost for an extended post office , which mind you has NO time in transit guarantee, we will send a shuttle driver 90 miles each way to get those Surepost pkgs there, but a next day air misload to the same 90 mile drive I'm told sheet as missed. Go figure!!

It's all about the reports 8 missed vs 1

By The Book

Yes I'm well aware of that. The topic is Surepost Surepost has two address on it the one that we use to send to the correct post office and the actual consignee address. What I'm saying is on a Surepost pkg is if the secondary address is a PO Box it should go to post office if it's a physical street address we should deliver it.

If we get a PO box address directly it gets address corrected or post carded

Now on a rare occasion I have received pkgs addressed as follows:

John Doe
General delivery
1234 s 20th st (a post office address)
Your town, ST 99999

My post office will refuse it hands down I sheet these as refused NSP

Now here's a fun filled fact I've experienced. If I have a misloaded bag of Surepost for an extended post office , which mind you has NO time in transit guarantee, we will send a shuttle driver 90 miles each way to get those Surepost pkgs there, but a next day air misload to the same 90 mile drive I'm told sheet as missed. Go figure!!

It's all about the reports 8 missed vs 1
Are you saying that if a sure post pkg has a physical address of the consignee we should deliver it? If you mean this literally we would only deliver the po box addressed pkgs to the post office right?

Nike

Not everybody works in a 'hub.' Better learn the terminology before you open your mouth.

For just about my entire 34 years, I ran distant, rural areas. I had no problems at all delivering what was on my truck.

Time to yell upstairs and ask mommy to make you a pop tart.
Hub or center who cares, you must be a real dork. A real management pet

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Ironically, on the rural routes I ran, I delivered (to the house) many packages addressed to PO boxes.

Most I knew by the name where the people lived, and those I didn't, I stopped at the rural PO and asked.

Never had a problem.

I had the same experience when I ran my rural route.

I would look at the pkg to see if I recognized the name and would run it off if I did. If I didn't, I would stop by a local gathering spot (store, barber shop, etc) to see if anyone knew who it was where they lived.

We had one local post office on an adjacent route where if you gave them a penny they would accept the package on behalf of the consignee.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
so if I find a business in the po pile that I bring to them what is the sop that is suppose to happen....keep on finding these business stops... Scam