Surepost and the next contract

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Now my feeling on Surepost is the only packages that should be delivered to the USPS should be packages that are addressed to P.O. Box numbers ONLY. I'm not sure how it all works but I assume we only pay the the USPS based on a delivery scan. If we're paying the post office for every package wether they deliver it or we do, then that's just stupid!! But then again we are talking about UPS.
I agree but that will never happen wouldn't be worth the companies wild but has to be a compromise between too much and enough to counter fredex...I know on the last contract there were some "enhancements " regarding weight and size but those were a joke... Hopefully we didn't "give" anyway anything for the right to deliver a few extra sure post boxes. I know when I get that questionnaire on what we would like the union to give away... Oops I mean bargain on our behalf, sure post will be 1 or 2 on the list.

9.5 everyday

I easily deliver 200-300 pkgs a day to the post office. The post office routes are delivering 20-30 packages a day and upwards of 60-70 a day during peak. They are becoming the small package delivery service while we are becoming furniture movers.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Packages that have a PO box address on them usually don't have the address on the actually person house on them so they go to the post office. I thought you might be smart enough to figure that out but....

Pkgs with a PO Box are NOT delivered directly to the PO. They must either be address corrected or RTS'd.

UPSGUY72

I easily deliver 200-300 pkgs a day to the post office. The post office routes are delivering 20-30 packages a day and upwards of 60-70 a day during peak. They are becoming the small package delivery service while we are becoming furniture movers.

I don't care what type of package I deliver I'm still getting paid the same. The only complaint I have is to much volume is going to the post office and a lot of those package are over 11 lbs, and than 3 cubic ft and shouldn't be going to the post office...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here we go again Surepost PO box package go to the post office this is a surepost thread. Of course non surepost packages get RTS or address corrected...

Surepost packages would have two addresses. If the consignee used their PO Box we would have no choice but to deliver it to the PO.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Nothing like the obvious Dave. Both address would be for the same street and number ( IE THE POST OFFICE )

You're not very bright, are you?

The first address would be for the PO while the second would have the consignee's name and PO Box number.

PO Box numbers and the physical address of the PO are NOT one in the same.

I do hope you are letting your lawyer spell the big words.

UPSGUY72

Nothing like the obvious Dave...
You're not very bright, are you?

The first address would be for the PO while the second would have the consignee's name and PO Box number.

PO Box numbers and the physical address of the PO are NOT one in the same.

I do hope you are letting your lawyer spell the big words.

Your not bright they both would be for the same physical address. just like I said and you just said..