Teamsters suck

Nike

Yeah, that's right. If it were up to me, I would get rid of the Union for UPS.

The union creates an atmosphere where old guys are taking all the money, hours, and paid vacation time, meanwhile hungry new people are held down.

If we got rid of the union, then job security wouldn't be based on Seniority, but on merit. Something the old geezers hogging all the hours don't want.
Sooo how long you been in management?

NHDRVR

Ask some of the new on-roads how their pay, benefits, etc., compare to the older geezer supervisors.....sounds like your argument still applies

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
9934934.jpg

twoweeled

The union creates an atmosphere where old guys are taking all the money, hours, and paid vacation time, meanwhile hungry new people are held down.

If we got rid of the union, then job security wouldn't be based on Seniority, but on merit. Something the old geezers hogging all the hours don't want.
Let's see how you start pushing your seniority, once you pass probation.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

Winner of the “First scab to cross award”
Eat a D

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

hi dave

Space8323

You’re a disgrace. Go get you a non-Union job somewhere with the benefits, and pay we have here.

wilberforce15

I hated the union when I started, though I don't think my objections were as silly as the OP.

It took a few years, but even despite my bias in favor of the company, reality slapped me in the face repeatedly.

My thoughts on the union and many of my coworkers haven't changed.

But management is approximately 47 billion times worse than they are by every measure.

I still think roughly the same of the union as I did when I started. But I'll stand with them any day, all day, every day even for the dumbest things, because somebody has to stand up to management. Even when they do it badly or defend the indefensible...it's quite clear where I should stand.

Signature Only

Blue in Brown
I hated the union when I started, though I don't think my objections were as silly as the OP.

It took a few years, but even despite my bias in favor of the company, reality slapped me in the face repeatedly.

My thoughts on the union and many of my coworkers haven't changed.

But management is approximately 47 billion times worse than they are by every measure.

I still think roughly the same of the union as I did when I started. But I'll stand with them any day, all day, every day even for the dumbest things, because somebody has to stand up to management. Even when they do it badly or defend the indefensible...it's quite clear where I should stand.
We had a driver, a very senior employee who always wanted to go into management but was never accepted.

He crossed the picket line during the 97 strike but was refused work by management. At one of our union meetings during that time he tried to defend his actions and get more drivers to cross.

So 10 months later and we're all back on the road... management terminated him for stealing time. He was put out on the street and it was the union, who after investigating, got his job back. He was doing some shady things and probably deserved to be fired but the union's principle officer did a very through investigation and produced evidence at panel that management had ongoing and prior knowledge of his activity for at least 5 years but did nothing.

After all this guy's anti-union crap they, the union, could have left him hanging but they pulled out every stop to save his job.

I don't care what the company tells you....if you don't stand firmly with the union eventually management will turn on you.

twoweeled

We had a driver, a very senior employee who always wanted to go into management but was never accepted.

He crossed the picket line during the 97 strike but was refused work by management. At one of our union meetings during that time he tried to defend his actions and get more drivers to cross.

So 10 months later and we're all back on the road... management terminated him for stealing time. He was put out on the street and it was the union, who after investigating, got his job back. He was doing some shady things and probably deserved to be fired but the union's principle officer did a very through investigation and produced evidence at panel that management had ongoing and prior knowledge of his activity for at least 5 years but did nothing.

After all this guy's anti-union crap they, the union, could have left him hanging but they pulled out every stop to save his job.

I don't care what the company tells you....if you don't stand firmly with the union eventually management will turn on you.
They should've left him hanging.

F

Frankie's Friend

Lucky for the dude the local had more integrity than him.

Not every local or PO or BA is that way.

F

Frankie's Friend

He turns his back on the Teamsters and has no loyalty to them?
The Teamsters should have shown him the same level of consideration.
Yeah and we have the same problem with our BA.
We have to deal with his BS all the time too.
18 months to go and maybe we'll be done with his backstabbing.
Just saying.