Teamsters suck

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I honestly wish that we all loved our jobs.The people that like this job God bless you honestly. I wish I could say that I really do and there was a time when it wasn’t so bad.I hope when I leave everything gets better I do.
When I first started it wasn’t too bad. Now it’s a circus everyday.

john chesney

Amazon, on track, FedEx and all the hundreds of drivers lined up around the building every peak begging to work says different. They run routes faster than most regular drivers.
I have asked several if they are good with $18 an hour and they all respond they can’t believe they are making that much and they love the overtime.
After so many years you can’t run anymore you can barely walk. You can’t go all day without lunch and breaks and pissing in empty bottles for 30 years

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Amazon, on track, FedEx and all the hundreds of drivers lined up around the building every peak begging to work says different. They run routes faster than most regular drivers.
I have asked several if they are good with $18 an hour and they all respond they can’t believe they are making that much and they love the overtime.
So go there. They can do routes fast because of...VOLUME

john chesney

When I first started it wasn’t too bad. Now it’s a circus everyday.
This is exactly my point. I’ve been on the same bid route forever and now I’m like a swing driver. You can’t even move in the truck all year round.The loads are the worst I’ve ever seen.A lot of the packages should be on freight trucks. I’m not blaming the preloaders they’re in the same boat I’m sure

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
This is exactly my point. I’ve been on the same bid route forever and now I’m like a swing driver. You can’t even move in the truck all year round.The loads are the worst I’ve ever seen.A lot of the packages should be on freight trucks. I’m not blaming the preloaders they’re in the same boat I’m sure
Customers used to be able to expect their deliveries at the same time everyday. Now it’s 10 am one day and 4 pm the next and half the time it’s a different driver. I still try to get to my businesses early but some days it’s just impossible.

john chesney

Customers used to be able to expect their deliveries at the same time everyday. Now it’s 10 am one day and 4 pm the next and half the time it’s a different driver. I still try to get to my businesses early but some days it’s just impossible.
I hear ya some days you can’t get your bulk stops off because you have packages the size of washers and dryers jammed in the back and on top of everything

BigBrown1234

I’m not saying the company wouldn’t make it but the quality of service would go in the crapper. (Although service has already gone downhill)

No one cares about our brown uniform and professional look.

We only gain or loose contracts based on whoever bids the cheapest.

We lost contracts to OnTrack that don’t shave, speed, door open, no seatbelt, no shower, stink like Pot, rude, slow as hell, etc.

But guess what! They won the bid because they agreed to do it cheaper than UPS

motonut

So then what are they worried about? Then they shouldn't feel threatened when someone says we should remove the Union and allow everything to be based on merit instead of seniority. Unless of course they are afraid that they would lose the pension/benefits that they believe they are entitled to.
Absolutely no one who has been at UPS for more than 25 years is even remotely worried about a newb doing 3 times the work at half the pay and trying to stir the pot. your gusto will last about 2 peak seasons and you’ll be trying to throw your sonority around.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
So then what are they worried about? Then they shouldn't feel threatened when someone says we should remove the Union and allow everything to be based on merit instead of seniority. Unless of course they are afraid that they would lose the pension/benefits that they believe they are entitled to.

I'm sure the Company won't just use you up and dump you when you start getting injuries or slowing down. You are some kinda special. Did you have your own olympics?

You don't think that most of us were kicking butt when we were younger and now the reality of 150-200 stops a day with 300-400 pieces a day has started tearing down the body? Youth is wasted on the young.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Yeah, that's right. If it were up to me, I would get rid of the Union for UPS.

The union creates an atmosphere where old guys are taking all the money, hours, and paid vacation time, meanwhile hungry new people are held down.

If we got rid of the union, then job security wouldn't be based on Seniority, but on merit. Something the old geezers hogging all the hours don't want.

You fool. Old timers are trying to give the hours away. Why do you think they created language for excessive OT and guaranteed 8 hour days? You might want to look in the mirror. The managers aren't giving it to you because you can't do it right and don't want to cover your butt.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Yeah, that's right. If it were up to me, I would get rid of the Union for UPS.

The union creates an atmosphere where old guys are taking all the money, hours, and paid vacation time, meanwhile hungry new people are held down.

If we got rid of the union, then job security wouldn't be based on Seniority, but on merit. Something the old geezers hogging all the hours don't want.
No u suck

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
You know little to nothing about Vietnam, but go on tell us more about what you don't know. :D
I've been there. One of my best friends is Vietnamese and was the first person in his family born in the states. We went over there in 2011. But thanks for your baseless assumptions you greasy, fat pig

F

Frankie's Friend

Who said faster is safer or more accurate delivery?
They leave pkgs at the wrong house a lot and their driving abilities mirror the Domino Pizza delivery drivers when they had a "30 min or free" promise.

F

Frankie's Friend

Our reliability and consistency was the mainstay of the company for decades.
Lose that and it's a given that brown will blur into the delivery landscape.
Employees like the guy who started this thread will destroy customer base while running 2 hrs under. The on area pickup accounts would loathe this loser and he wouldn't care because he's like a shooting star...
burning out as quickly as he came onto the scene.

F

Frankie's Friend

Yet Dominos stock has us beat by almost $100
Who gives a flying flip?
We're talking about quality and reliable delivery service from a transportation company. Not pizzas and breadsticks.

I'm sure other restaurant chains have stock values higher than ours but price isn't the whole picture.

F

Frankie's Friend

And we are worth 10x what they are . Look at the market cap
Tell em.
Pizza (food) vs package delivery.

Heck, send a loaded thin crust pizza from the east to the west coast via ground and see who wants it except for the local sort pick off dude.