Teamsters suck

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
taking orders all day sounds like that excuse america gives for invading other countries.
taking orders all day? You were free to sign up for this job. Its a simple job. America invading countries? We don;t invade for no reason. Same as Russia didn't invade the Ukraine.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
What you say does have truth. Many people end up at UPS because of previously failed career choices. I'm more impressed by someone who tried and failed, than a young person who chooses mediocrity early-on.
Don't settle on UPS while you still have youth. Continue your education, use your brain and do something with your life! Leave the mindless dumb work at UPS for the old people.

Hope this helps.
110k a year with medical, pension and a company car is mediocre? Is spending 6 years to get a masters degree and locking in a 60k a year job mediocre? “Well, you have a degree.” Doesn’t cut the mustard. Doesn’t even come close. It’s not even the same sport.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
How does capitalism suck? In America it benefits you greatly. Go to a Vietnam and you'll understand. Work is meaningless. You be given the same crap to eat every night. Same entertainment. Same etc. etc. It's dull as fack. Beautiful country. Friendly people. But its soulless. Capitalism is motivation to work hard and enjoy the benefits of your work.
You know little to nothing about Vietnam, but go on tell us more about what you don't know. :D

john chesney

Because he brought race into it.

And that was an appropriate union response. Is it this hard?

Hey "numb nuts" I never said that you did.
But yet you gave my explanation post a "winner"?? Did you finally get what I said? Miracles never cease.
Not that it matters to me but try to save the hate for your going away speech at the end of the week since you've got ten times the "balls" the average driver has.
I already told them no fake celebration for me on my retirement. They want to put on a show like they respect me and care on my last day no thanks.

rickyb

taking orders all day? You were free to sign up for this job. Its a simple job. America invading countries? We don;t invade for no reason. Same as Russia didn't invade the Ukraine.
the political equivalent of voluntarility signing up for UPS would be signing up for a dictatorship.

us and russia invade countries for no good reASON

BigBrown1234

110k a year with medical, pension and a company car is mediocre? Is spending 6 years to get a masters degree and locking in a 60k a year job mediocre? “Well, you have a degree.” Doesn’t cut the mustard. Doesn’t even come close. It’s not even the same sport.

Pursue Your Dreams First.
The only reason I work here is the golden handcuffs are on tight. I went to college but had a kid as a teen so I needed consistency and medical. After taking 8 years to get my 4 year degree.(I was in the AF reserve activated 3x) I ended up getting locked in because of the income. Unfortunately I make twice as much as a driver than a history teacher.
This job is sooo mundane boring waste of life. It’s a minimum wage job with a strong union (yet shrinking) that has eveolved it into a high wage position through the success of the company (because of the lack of competition) and 100 years of negotiations.
But the tides are finally changing. Luckily I have only a few years left. Unfortunately for the future generations, I see a grim future. These type of no skill work(meaning most anyone off the street) jobs will evolve into the minimum wage positions they were always meant to be.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Pursue Your Dreams First.
The only reason I work here is the golden handcuffs are on tight. I went to college but had a kid as a teen so I needed consistency and medical. After taking 8 years to get my 4 year degree.(I was in the AF reserve activated 3x) I ended up getting locked in because of the income. Unfortunately I make twice as much as a driver than a history teacher.
This job is sooo mundane boring waste of life. It’s a minimum wage job with a strong union (yet shrinking) that has eveolved it into a high wage position through the success of the company (because of the lack of competition) and 100 years of negotiations.
But the tides are finally changing. Luckily I have only a few years left. Unfortunately for the future generations, I see a grim future. These type of no skill work(meaning most anyone off the street) jobs will evolve into the minimum wage positions they were always meant to be.
My dream was to stop being on welfare when I was 12. I think I bounced back.

BigBrown1234

They would never be able to get people to do this job for minimum wage.

Amazon, on track, FedEx and all the hundreds of drivers lined up around the building every peak begging to work says different. They run routes faster than most regular drivers.
I have asked several if they are good with $18 an hour and they all respond they can’t believe they are making that much and they love the overtime.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Amazon, on track, FedEx and all the hundreds of drivers lined up around the building every peak begging to work says different. They run routes faster than most regular drivers.
I have asked several if they are good with $18 an hour and they all respond they can’t believe they are making that much and they love the overtime.
Until they have to do it for an extended period of time then they would drop like flies. Just my opinion.

john chesney

We all felt the same way at one time ok. We were all young at one time. Listen maybe I’m in the worst center in the country I don’t know. It’s not the job it’s the management and the unrealistic expectations.If you have 20 plus years I’ll listen to you and respect you.A lot of these people have yet to meet the real ups.

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I agree. Although, HR and an army of sups can keep up.

But I think the company would still make out. No medical, pension, paid holidays, paid vacation, workers comp and the such.
I’m not saying the company wouldn’t make it but the quality of service would go in the crapper. (Although service has already gone downhill)

john chesney

They would never be able to get people to do this job for minimum wage.
I honestly wish that we all loved our jobs.The people that like this job God bless you honestly. I wish I could say that I really do and there was a time when it wasn’t so bad.I hope when I leave everything gets better I do.