Teamsters Union Faces Revolt From Members Over UPS Contracts

lolbr

I’am saying the Teamsters leadership starting from the top is severely lacking
Kind of hard for new people to go to meetings when they have no idea when they are. Our local hasn't updated the website since April 2018. The last update to any of the union boards in the hub was October of last year. There is at least one union board in the hub that hasn't been updated since 1995.

The amount of people I saw at the last meeting was only about 25 (which was both package drivers and feeders). Our hub has over 200 package routes daily.

Inthegame

Kind of hard for new people to go to meetings when they have no idea when they are. Our local hasn't updated the website since April 2018. The last update to any of the union boards in the hub was October of last year. There is at least one union board in the hub that hasn't been updated since 1995.

The amount of people I saw at the last meeting was only about 25 (which was both package drivers and feeders). Our hub has over 200 package routes daily.
So how did those 25 know the time/date of the meeting?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
So how did those 25 know the time/date of the meeting?

That's what I was wondering.

Our local hasn't updated the website since April 2018.

For some Locals, that's not a priority because of what it cost's to maintain it.

The last update to any of the union boards in the hub was October of last year. There is at least one union board in the hub that hasn't been updated since 1995.

That one kind of baffles me.

There are official notices that are required to be posted.... such as election notices.

Everything else, is usually sent to the Stewards to post on the boards.

I would defiantly bring that up at the next meeting.

Everyone want's to be a gangster.... until it's time to do gangster stuff.

With only 22% of the members participating in the strike vote, it would have been

a mess. Members would have been crossing in droves. That was the concern.
What percentage voted in the 97 strike authorization?