Termination

WeAreAllGoingToMakeIt

I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?

Not true. I actually know multiple drivers in multiple centers of our building who only wear the seatbelt twice. Once out of the building and once on the way in

Ok, let me ask: Why weren't you wearing your seatbelt....honestly..... What's the reason, besides increasing your SPOHR..... It's against the law. Not UPS's law, mind you. Federal and state law. You must wear a seatbelt while in a motor vehicle.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Pretty sure I read a post of yours a while back where you admitted to being too lazy to be bothered to pick up a package that had fallen off of your trailer.

Lazy, maybe, maybe not. Some buildings that’s a bidded job. Guys drive around and pick up all the packages, if you get out they file a grievance.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
629FB425-2B8C-4F83-8A02-71A542F18A3C.gif

purehavanne

We had a driver do that and sit out for 6 weeks or so. You have plenty of years so how do you not know you come up on a report if the seatbelt doesn’t unclick before you open the bulkhead?????

ManInBrown

Pretty sure I read a post of yours a while back where you admitted to being too lazy to be bothered to pick up a package that had fallen off of your trailer.
Could’ve been me, don’t remember. Feeders isn’t package. If something falls out of a package car in the yard, the customer isn’t getting it till the next day. Something falls out of a trailer in the yard, guess what. There’s another trailer going to the same place an hour later. And like I said, might’ve been me, might not have been. Hope that helps.

quad decade guy

You realize telematics show when the seat belt is buckled and unbuckled right? They can see that it wasn't ever being unbuckled...

I think you will get your job back after an unpaid leave of absence due to your time of service. That is if you have a pretty clean record until this incident.
Absolutely....maybe.

quad decade guy

I did. I was being observed by 2 supervisors and they approached me. Didn’t lie. Didn’t try to make it worse. Just owned up to it. I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just did it temporarily in a specific area cuz for the first time in 4 years. I left the building at 10:15 am cuz I was in a meeting earlier. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all. Like none whatsoever. Still not a good enough excuse, I know
This^....

"I'm just gonna...."

I hear this every day.

"I'm just gonna.......get killed...."

No seatbelt is a cardinal sin.

For a reason.

Say, how did compromising your own safety and others go for ya? To make more money for the company and productivity?

Bring this up at the panel....

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
I was getting a car wash without my seatbelt on and two supervisors came up to me and talked to me on two separate occasions on the next morning, they were upset. Big deal? Advice: wheather your right or wrong you have to “tell the truth,” what they want to hear and it can save you.