Termination

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all.
N4PP.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
Our top runner got caught without his seat belt on driving around. Everyone knew it was him even with his face censored out in the pic management snapped and posted.
You need to put in more years and become management’s top falsifier/runner to get that privlege at UPS. They all laughed it off and maybe gave him a warning letter with a stern don’t do that, but I doubt it even went that far. The dude is basically a manager.

Once you step outside of what you are supposed to do and compromise yourself for NDA commits or whatever other bull:censored2: excuse you are offering you are at management’s mercy. You have put your career in their hands now, not your own as laid out in the contract. Some guys don’t mind this and can stand the heat of it and get to reap the rewards it brings.

You got to be pretty narcissistic to ride around in a UPS truck without your seat belt on, it just shows how little of a :censored2: you give about your true job, safely delivering stuff. I never feel like I have failed at my job if service isn’t made, I gave it my best shot. When I clipped a tree branch and broke a mirror, I felt like a failed at my part of the job. You’re or were a professional driver, accept responsibility for a stupid mistake and let them know it’ll never happen again. It’s your best chance.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I did. I was being observed by 2 supervisors and they approached me. Didn’t lie. Didn’t try to make it worse. Just owned up to it. I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just did it temporarily in a specific area cuz for the first time in 4 years. I left the building at 10:15 am cuz I was in a meeting earlier. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all. Like none whatsoever. Still not a good enough excuse, I know
They just happened to be following you?

Yeah no one buys that

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I did. I was being observed by 2 supervisors and they approached me. Didn’t lie. Didn’t try to make it worse. Just owned up to it. I’m aware it was an incredibly dumb thing to do but It literally has nothing to do with running. Just did it temporarily in a specific area cuz for the first time in 4 years. I left the building at 10:15 am cuz I was in a meeting earlier. Just tried to make up a little time getting 20 stops out of the way where there was no traffic at all. Like none whatsoever. Still not a good enough excuse, I know
You left the building at 10:15 then took it upon yourself to not wear your seat belt like it was your fault you left at 10:15?

anybody this stupid deserves to get canned.

If you happen to get your job back. Remember what happens to runner gunners (i.e. you) Remember what happens to drivers that try to fix management’s mistakes (i.e. you)

get fired.

punch in on time, do your job, punch out and go home. Never go above and beyond, don’t do what isn’t asked of you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I’ll try to keep this short and simple. Looking for anyone that knows of a similar situation I’m currently involved in. I was caught not wearing my seatbelt (it was clicked on behind me, not around my waist) I was handed a letter of termination for dishonesty. Currently waiting to sit in front of a panel to discuss my future with the company. Been with UPS for 14 years (10 as a pre loader, 4 as a driver. Do I have any shot at getting my job back?
Yes there is always a shot.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Who said anything about them following me? Car was parked and they were observing me. Let me guess, u stare into every parked car cuz ur the worlds best ups driver lol gotta love the brotherhood amongst ups drivers. One of us reaches out for advice after admitting he fouled up bad and all u ignorant *s just start assuming
Typical BC responses, you expect different?

Integrity

Binge Poster
All the virtue signaling going on in here is surprising. Do you guys routine trash, and throw fellow drivers under the bus at your centers? Does this get you "points" with management or something?
Pretty sure the OP knows better than anybody else how foolish his actions were, by now, and probably doesn't need to have his nose rubbed in *.
Not much unity in the rank and file. No surprise.

DeCurtis

Not much unity in the rank and file. No surprise.
More like people virtue signaling to Sups. You all probably do it so much at your centers it carries over to your BC posts.

"Look at this stupid driver, I would never do that, Mr. On Car, Mr. Center Manager... please respect me, nobody else does."

LOL! This is what you guys look and sound like to normal people.

Integrity

Binge Poster
More like people virtue signaling to Sups. You all probably do it so much at your centers it carries over to your BC posts.

"Look at this stupid driver, I would never do that, Mr. On Car, Mr. Center Manager... please respect me, nobody else does."

LOL! This is what you guys look and sound like to normal people.
What is virtue signaling?

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
If you actually know it’s your supervisor performing an audit and not a psychopath looking to rob you, then that’s an abuse of the 911 system and a crime. Nothing to brag about.
If you dial 911, yes.

If you have the direct, non-emergency line to the desk sergeant at local PD, no.

Its a good rule of thumb to have that number.

Many of us cover a good amount of area (my own route borders on 4 different municipalities aside from the one I'm in) and when you dial 911 from a cellphone you'll be directed to the 911 call center in the town which is closest to the cell tower that your phone connects through - and it may not be the town you need lol