The company spin goes into high gear

Arizax2

The union is literally saying from the beginning that they have gotten everything they asked for from UPS at this point. This seems to be aggressive to constantly pressing a strike when they are getting everything they are asking for. There has to be a certain amount of "give and get" and so far Teamsters is getting but not flexing on anything. Same way the teamsters have to have some wins for the workers, UPS leadership needs to have somthing positive to say to shareholder and the local management folks.

Its almost like O'Brian wants this strike to take place. This "soft" pickting will only cause the company to loose customers that will want to pull out volume before a strike takes place and once they leave its harder to get back. Let's tone the heat down and get back to the negotiation table especially since the company is clearly not playing hard ball.

34yearpackagehumper

People are all talk until you stick their asses into a bulked out p12, give them the keys and let them go. Most wouldn’t make it through the day let alone come back tomorrow.
You are so right ! I have seen this happen . This job is easier said than done. We had a newby some years ago thought this job was a walk in the park. They put him on a mall run in a p-12 so bulked out you could hardly open the bulkhead door. Just before the pcm he quietly slipped out the door and we never saw him again. Center manager made 2 on car sups take the run out . Together it took them about 10 hrs to get it all off. They called that run a training run, no one liked running it .

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
The union is literally saying from the beginning that they have gotten everything they asked for from UPS at this point. This seems to be aggressive to constantly pressing a strike when they are getting everything they are asking for. There has to be a certain amount of "give and get" and so far Teamsters is getting but not flexing on anything. Same way the teamsters have to have some wins for the workers, UPS leadership needs to have somthing positive to say to shareholder and the local management folks.

Its almost like O'Brian wants this strike to take place. This "soft" pickting will only cause the company to loose customers that will want to pull out volume before a strike takes place and once they leave its harder to get back. Let's tone the heat down and get back to the negotiation table especially since the company is clearly not playing hard ball.
The company should tell the shareholders that we netted $11.6 billion in profit last year!!!! What are you talking about????? Do you even have a clue?

Arizax2

The company should tell the shareholders that we netted $11.6 billion in profit last year!!!! What are you talking about????? Do you even have a clue?
........the business landscape is "what have you done for me lately ". This isn't unique to UPS, it is in every publicly traded company. It's literally a rat race every quarter for every company to report something positive back to its shareholders. Teamsters screaming out for a strike every other day hurts EVERYONE thay wears the sheild. Like I said get to the negotiation table and stop fear mongering.

Thebrownblob

Or did it ever occur to you that UPS agreed to so many of those things in the non-economic package knowing full well, they were going to offer a ridiculous economic package? This way they can say look, we tried knowing full well they were never going to have to do any of it?

They never said they got everything they wanted. They said they never made a concession. Leaving things the same or making only a language adjustment for clarification is a neutral agreement, but not a concession.

Thebrownblob

50 cent raise proposals are a complete waste of time . I'm with Sean O' on this one.
Personally, I agree and I feel UPS pulled a rope a dope making us think they were giving us things knowing full well they never planned to go through with any of it because they were going to offer us such a pathetic economic package. As well as pretending to get rid of the 22.4 although keeping the same pay rate.

Arizax2

Or did it ever occur to you that UPS agreed to so many of those things in the non-economic package knowing full well, they were going to offer a ridiculous economic package? This way they can say look, we tried knowing full well they were never going to have to do any of it?
And your point is? Teamsters asked for specific things and they got 100% of it so far....do u expect the company to not negotiate anything and lay down while getting nothing back at any point?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

It’s almost like O'Brian wants this strike to take place. This "soft" pickting will only cause the company to loose customers that will want to pull out volume before a strike takes place and once they leave its harder to get back. Let's tone the heat down and get back to the negotiation table especially since the company is clearly not playing hard ball.
Carol?

UnionStrong

You are so right ! I have seen this happen . This job is easier said than done. We had a newby some years ago thought this job was a walk in the park. They put him on a mall run in a p-12 so bulked out you could hardly open the bulkhead door. Just before the pcm he quietly slipped out the door and we never saw him again. Center manager made 2 on car sups take the run out . Together it took them about 10 hrs to get it all off. They called that run a training run, no one liked running it .
Sounds like a real nice route. I hate malls.

UnionStrong

And your point is? Teamsters asked for specific things and they got 100% of it so far....do u expect the company to not negotiate anything and lay down while getting nothing back at any point?
The company is starting with a negative wage offer. It’s ridiculous.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

Blow me stupidvisor. You'll be fired and charge $20 for your blown out holes