Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
How long do you work for free to write on the boxes with markers YOU bought? You know, you could be considered a maroon for this type of behavior. If you get hurt working for free, good luck with that too! And what is the hurry? You get paid by the hour.

Plus he's working for free. No money. Free.
I figured it wasn't even worth the bandwidth to mention it.

Brownslave688

Is it some kind of contagious disease? Every single new guy is all sweaty and switched routes three times before I even show up.
At least it's just new guys there.

We've got a few guys that have been around the block a time or twenty that take 20 minutes to drop off their lunchbox in their trucks.

4evapreloader

A serious waste of time. They already have a PAL label slapped on the box. Let your index fingernail grow out a tiny bit then peel the label and place on the side of the box facing out. WOW. The sequence number is already there and legible! Amazing.

Of course work as directed no matter how brain dead your management team is. I only use crayons when they have "auditors" roaming the building. I don't think some of these people could load a truck if their lives depended on it.

AsweetGirl

Is No Longer Affiliated With UPS
So do drivers really have their own preference on how it's pre-loaded? Like obviously following the rule book, but just a slight preference on what makes their job easier for delivery?

Brownslave688

So do drivers really have their own preference on how it's pre-loaded? Like obviously following the rule book, but just a slight preference on what makes their job easier for delivery?
Just put the :censored2: where it's supposed to be and don't give me any stuff off another truck and I'm happy as a lark.

Good, that means everything by the book... yes?
I don't think they have a book anymore. Used to be that if you had a bunch for 1 stop (say 5 large boxes of depends). It was all put on the floor. Now they will put 3 on the shelf, 1 under the shelf mixed with 24 other stops that could have gone on the shelf. And 1 mixed with the extra large boxes in the middle.

Drink Craft Beer

I can see how it helps the driver, but when you get used to the lay out of the truck, locating a properly loaded package is quicker and eliminates the added room for error on part of the loader. When I use the crayon I tend to still walk onto the wrong truck, when i don't I'm forced to look to the previously loaded packages and confirm the location of the one I'm loading. This way i have more time to make sure every package is accessible when they need it. I also try to talk to my drivers to see if there are specific stops that need to move to a different part of the truck.
Your trucks aren't numbered? (we use 3 digit numbers) There should be snap buttons on either side of the bulkhead door or inside each swinging door to snap on a chart holder that has a number in it so you can look at the box and then look at the back of the truck to make sure you're going into the right one. Also a small one hanging inside above the sliding door by the driver so you can double check (if need be) once inside the truck.

You're not forced to put something on the back of the truck so you (and they) can decipher which trucks you're loading??

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
IMG_1349.jpg
I'll take your crayons if you don't want them...