The loss of Black Friday as a holiday.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
What did you propose at your locals proposal meeting?
That healthcare remain at levels where it is for employee and spouse. For drivers, and loaders, this job requires healthcare. I don't care if no one gets hurt but its a very demanding job. Wages should rise immediately at least three dollars an hour for pters to combat the $15 dollar minimum wage. It's hard to say how wages should increase annually given we are entering an inflationary period but it should exceed that of most other blue collar jobs. I,d rather see a 0.90 cent raise than 0.83. Hell, they just raised their stock dividend from 0.83 to 0.91 right? More full-time jobs, and a clear path to progression for pt drivers.
And by that I mean once drivers qualify, and are regularly (though doesn't have to be) shuttling airs or working saturdays, they get a choice based on seniority on days that want to work, and can take time away from drivers who don't want overtime or cannot deliver every package.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That healthcare remain at levels where it is for employee and spouse. For drivers, and loaders, this job requires healthcare. I don't care if no one gets hurt but its a very demanding job. Wages should rise immediately at least three dollars an hour for pters to combat the $15 dollar minimum wage. It's hard to say how wages should increase annually given we are entering an inflationary period but it should exceed that of most other blue collar jobs. I,d rather see a 0.90 cent raise than 0.83. Hell, they just raised their stock dividend from 0.83 to 0.91 right? More full-time jobs, and a clear path to progression for pt drivers.
And by that I mean once drivers qualify, and are regularly (though doesn't have to be) shuttling airs or working saturdays, they get a choice based on seniority on days that want to work, and can take time away from drivers who don't want overtime or cannot deliver every package.
I’ll take @Tony Q ............

Over disciplined0123

And exactly right ups will add more 22.3 jobs which were supposed to be only hun and car wash work or work as directed no driving involved. But teamsters agreed 2 contracts ago and of course without the consent of the rank and file who pays thier salaries

Tony Q

Give it a year, when this tariff stuff runs its course and the economy crashes we can revisit this contract offer.

cachmeifucan

1 dollar a year. Zero 22.4 jobs. More 22.3 jobs more pension increase. Better 9.5 language. Stock. 401k match up to a certain amount. 14 $ to start. 3 year progression.

Over disciplined0123

Give it a year, when this tariff stuff runs its course and the economy crashes we can revisit this contract offer.
So how do you warrant for example myself starting at 9.50 a hour and full benefits in 1989. Almost 30 years ago when min wage was 3.75. You were lucky to land a job at ups back then everyone wanted to work here. And now 30 years later they are having a hard time finding people. They even have to add incentives like 100 dollars if they make it 6 weeks and other silly monetary ways to get these oartimers to come to work And let’s remeber this is not any ordinary Walmart or McDonald’s job. The 4 hours of worka day at this job is exhausting. And probably the hardest thing some of these kids ever did in a lifetime

Tony Q

So how do you warrant for example myself starting at 9.50 a hour and full benefits in 1989. Almost 30 years ago when min wage was 3.75. You were lucky to land a job at ups back then everyone wanted to work here. And now 30 years later they are having a hard time finding people. They even have to add incentives like 100 dollars if they make it 6 weeks and other silly monetary ways to get these oartimers to come to work And let’s remeber this is not any ordinary Walmart or McDonald’s job. The 4 hours of worka day at this job is exhausting. And probably the hardest thing some of these kids ever did in a lifetime
Part timers not voting, and this trend spilling into negotiations. Next question.

Tony Q

Really? You are using what may happen during a trade spat to justify a low ball offer on wage increase
No not at all, just looking at the current trends and thinking back to when we settled the contract early in 2007 and avoided getting our asses handed to us. History will be the ultimate judge, but with the shortest memory from people, like it always has.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
No not at all, just looking at the current trends and thinking back to when we settled the contract early in 2007 and avoided getting our asses handed to us. History will be the ultimate judge, but with the shortest memory from people, like it always has.

You realize that UPS was still making a profit during the recession of 2008.

Tony Q

You realize that UPS was still making a profit during the recession of 2008.
They cut the crap out of routes, fired a ton of people and made 2 billion, on or around a couple years there. Any other company would have never done this, but not UPS. They slammed it down their throats.

Over disciplined0123

Part timers not voting, and this trend spilling into negotiations. Next question.
That has always been the case Einstein Part timers have the majority vote and they could careless about this 10 dollar a hour job ..: let’s just hope the go to college because these union jobs that you can raise a family on in America will be no longer because of compote greed and micromanagement

Tony Q

That has always been the case Einstein Part timers have the majority vote and they could careless about this 10 dollar a hour job ..: let’s just hope the go to college because these union jobs that you can raise a family on in America will be no longer because of compote greed and micromanagement
Okay