The new plan,pt do p1

Gone fishin

Yawn... no point posting about this here. I tried to warn them months ago. Most don’t think it’s coming to their station lol. A LOT of managers are lying to their employees about it. Gonna be a shock for everyone. Including the idiots that thought it up... because it’s undoubtably going to hurt the company. But oh well. I imagine there will be quiet a few posts on here mid April titled Lost my route to part timer and Forced to go 2nd shift.
We were told. No changes for us Good luck to ya

SmithBarney

We've been told the same with apparently 25 new routes, should be interesting to see how they fit all the new vehicles(which we have none of)

Until they can get quality employees I doubt it will work out.. I dropped a section of my route 35-40 stops(about 3.5-4hrs) during peak, and the 2yr employee doing the area couldn't finish under 8hrs. I couldn't imagine the same employee trying to run 30P1 before commit.

NC man

We've been told the same with apparently 25 new routes, should be interesting to see how they fit all the new vehicles(which we have none of)

Until they can get quality employees I doubt it will work out.. I dropped a section of my route 35-40 stops(about 3.5-4hrs) during peak, and the 2yr employee doing the area couldn't finish under 8hrs. I couldn't imagine the same employee trying to run 30P1 before commit.
Yea we had trouble getting rentals for peak and Fed is gonna buy a lot of new trucks for this endeavor? We have some real winners too with new hires,sarcasm. Gave one about 25 stops and she brought stuff back, guess she just decided she was done lol.

HedleyLamarr

Sorry to be such a downer, but I don't think the company will need as many new trucks as you think because after Ground starts taking most of the P2, the second shift couriers won't start until noon at the earliest. The PT p1 couriers will be mostly back by then. Express will be a company of pt couriers.
During the transition period this coming year, we will need some rentals, but once LMO is fully implemented and Ground takes most p2s, our start times will get pushed back later and later.

!Retired!

We were told the plan is already figured out and loaded into the computer, they just need to 'switch it on'
PT will deliver P1 business only
FT will start later and deliver P1 resi, P2 resi/business and then do PUP's
Trucks shouldn't be a problem, I was told. 1 PT courier can deliver the businesses that 3-4 resi area couriers do now. I can see that happening in my loops area. Between 6 of us, we MAYBE do 15-16 businesses. But, we have loops that are 90% business.
I can also see someone finding some P2 on their truck that the PT had P1 for and possibly even finding a P1 business or 2 that the PTer 'missed'
My question is, what happens to the PM PT couriers? Do they have the option of going AM? What if, because of kids, 2nd job, etc they can't? Do you let them go and hire new people? Who's going to help me if I can't get to my PUP's because I have to many deliveries? What happens during PEAK? Do the FT start earlier?
I'm sure they 'have a plan'' :rolleyes:

Gone fishin

We were told the plan is already figured out and loaded into the computer, they just need to 'switch it on'
PT will deliver P1 business only
FT will start later and deliver P1 resi, P2 resi/business and then do PUP's
Trucks shouldn't be a problem, I was told. 1 PT courier can deliver the businesses that 3-4 resi area couriers do now. I can see that happening in my loops area. Between 6 of us, we MAYBE do 15-16 businesses. But, we have loops that are 90% business.
I can also see someone finding some P2 on their truck that the PT had P1 for and possibly even finding a P1 business or 2 that the PTer 'missed'
My question is, what happens to the PM PT couriers? Do they have the option of going AM? What if, because of kids, 2nd job, etc they can't? Do you let them go and hire new people? Who's going to help me if I can't get to my PUP's because I have to many deliveries? What happens during PEAK? Do the FT start earlier?
I'm sure they 'have a plan'' :rolleyes:
I think it depends on your station location relative to the time your freight arrives. Also it depends on the size of your station. Our station won’t be affected because of these two things

HedleyLamarr

Nothing has been announced at my station. Yesterday, our manager was walking up and down the belt jokingly asking for a loan since our bonus came on our checks this week. He just wanted us to know how much the company values us couriers because management didn't get this bonus, lol. Buttering us up before the bad news comes.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sorry to be such a downer, but I don't think the company will need as many new trucks as you think because after Ground starts taking most of the P2, the second shift couriers won't start until noon at the earliest. The PT p1 couriers will be mostly back by then. Express will be a company of pt couriers.
During the transition period this coming year, we will need some rentals, but once LMO is fully implemented and Ground takes most p2s, our start times will get pushed back later and later.
Until Peak hits again, Ground is overwhelmed, and there are no rental trucks available.

SmithBarney

Nothing has been announced at my station. Yesterday, our manager was walking up and down the belt jokingly asking for a loan since our bonus came on our checks this week. He just wanted us to know how much the company values us couriers because management didn't get this bonus, lol. Buttering us up before the bad news comes.
Just remind your manager that he/she in fact got their bonus and raise, last year and the year before, and will probably get it this year as well.

Gone fishin

Express will never be a company of part timers for a few reasons. Part timers usually have other jobs or are looking for full time employment.
peak season you would have partimers for four hours , no full timers to handle peak numbers.
part timers at our station is in constant turn over. People don’t have part time bills.

FdxVmx

I saw the email yesterday that over 200 locations will be affected by new flights. An earlier flight and a later flight in Indy. Something on the east coast too I don’t remember. It said the drivers and staffing will be affected.

vantexan

Express will never be a company of part timers for a few reasons. Part timers usually have other jobs or are looking for full time employment.
peak season you would have partimers for four hours , no full timers to handle peak numbers.
part timers at our station is in constant turn over. People don’t have part time bills.
Never discount the ability of FedEx to find out the hard way.

MassWineGuy

Just remind your manager that he/she in fact got their bonus and raise, last year and the year before, and will probably get it this year as well.

Managers haven’t received quarterly bonuses in nearly two years. And they’re not happy about it.

Any manager I’ve asked, including the senior manager, couldn’t see how the need for part timers would diminish.

NC man

Isn’t Ground already blown out and you say they will be taking p2 off express?
Only have 7 businesses on my rte, got lucky Friday with only 73 del stops but large area.It has been 90 to 110 roughly after peak. I do 5 reg pups now and rte beside me does few with pt pup rte doing rest and drop boxes.
I’m curious how they divy up the pups and drop boxes if the pt pup rte goes away which it would I assume.
On the bonus our SR acted like it was reason stock has dropped,lol.Trying to make us feel guilty I guess.

Aquaman

Our Senior Manager specifically told us the rumors weren't true and was not going to happen. I'm not sure if meant just our station or what. This was right around beginning of December or so. Funny enough there have been a lot of "mid-day helper routes" created in the last month. I guess we'll see how the Senior walks back that statement soon.
Managers know what this is going to do... it’s going to result in employees in their office every day all day telling them how they need their schedule. “My kids my kids my kids” is all they’re going to hear for months once this goes in to effect. No manager wants to deal with this. So a good amount of them are stalling. He won’t walk back his statement. He’ll just tell you guys he was told it wasn’t happening.

Aquaman

What makes you think that?
Because the single greatest asset this company has is its employees... it’s not a very good place to work anymore. Top out is an illusion, and now the only desirable shift in the company, you know the REAL reason people stay long term, is going to part time lol. It’s going to be a mess. Hiring is getting harder and harder for this company. Every major city has 47 amazon warehouses paying more with more scheduling flexibility. It’s no secret UPS is the place to go for money. A good first shift schedule with an early OFF time is all this company has to offer in terms of competing. But the higher-ups forget what the little guys want after a while. They look at numbers on spread sheets and forget.

!Retired!

Ground will take some, but not enough where you will notice on a station to station basis. Our SM told us it'll probably be around 200,000 pkgs per day