The new plan,pt do p1

Gone fishin

I copied word for word what our district manager told us. Not a ops manager trying to keep his station afloat. Markets already included in the response program haven’t even begun to feel the effects of this. It’s not even full go yet at the hubs. A courier who’s route hasn’t been effected yet, at a station waiting for the switch to flip, with a manager lying to them, isn’t really the one to chime in on the topic. If by peak this year the company hasn’t dropped FT first shift you can call me
Wouldn’t call you dumb , I just don’t think you’re getting the whole story

Gone fishin

From what I heard RESPONSE will only effect you right now if your metro gets an indy flight.
Correct , ours is trucked. Our plan is to hire a full time route to bring out freight to the somewhat extended routes. Our closer routes will run back to the station. If there’s only a few in the area , the pickup routes will deliver them.
we’re not expected to have much from the second sort , the only person starting later is the route bringing the freight out. Other than that same start times

HedleyLamarr

Correct , ours is trucked. Our plan is to hire a full time route to bring out freight to the somewhat extended routes. Our closer routes will run back to the station. If there’s only a few in the area , the pickup routes will deliver them.
we’re not expected to have much from the second sort , the only person starting later is the route bringing the freight out. Other than that same start times
Ok, how exactly is this going to save the company money again?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Ok, how exactly is this going to save the company money again?
Front line costs will increase overall but the savings from the reduction in flights will compensate for that and then some. For example a flight route that operates 4X a week at a cost of $18,000/flight is cut, saving over $3.5 million/year. It might create another $1.5 million in other costs but it's a net savings of $2 million from that flight.

SmithBarney

Those terms you used are not speaking of the same system, from what I understand. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

RESPONSE is the one for the new double sort that stations will have and the am and mid-day routes.
LMO is the handoff of deliveries to Ground.
MILES AHEAD is the technology rollout (Leo, maps, GPS, SSRA) if I recall.
OH I know most of them, but half the time our ops team throws all kinds of terms that don't relate to anything.. or they use the wrong terms for the wrong programs.

DeliveryException

Front line costs will increase overall but the savings from the reduction in flights will compensate for that and then some. For example a flight route that operates 4X a week at a cost of $18,000/flight is cut, saving over $3.5 million/year. It might create another $1.5 million in other costs but it's a net savings of $2 million from that flight.
If you have a flight from Indy that was normal AM flight and now it's a later flight, how does that save money. I guess if you have 2 inbound already and can cut it to 1 but how many get 2+ Indy flights a day?